News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

New Correct Ace,Aceca,Greyhound & Cobra Fuel Caps

Started by AC Ace Bristol, July 08, 2011, 09:39:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus Meyjes

how about some new cars built by the original manufacturer, Keith? [;)]

Thanks for all the work.

Gus

AC Ace Bristol

GUS.

The Impossible I CAN DO . ..  ..  ..  MIRACLES, I have yet too Master!..[;)]

Keith...[:)]..[:)]

AC Ace Bristol

Saturday  15th October.

Received telephone order from Tim Pearce for 3 Fuel filler caps.

Running Total ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  183 units.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

dkp_cobra

Keith,

do you use PGP? So I can send you my credit card details encrypted. I have some bad experiences sending credit card numbers via unencrypted lines.

Peter

rsk289

BODY TO FUEL FILLER PIPE SEAL

I've worked with Gerry at Hawk on this before - if you contact Gerry he should be able to sort this easily for you, tell him I pointed you there!

Roger King

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

Saturday 15th October 2011..

PLACING  ORDER with  CEANDES Ltd for "200 Fuel Filler Caps".

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being patient and having faith in me.  Initialy I thought we might receive orders for say 10 or 20 Correct Authentic Fuel Filler Caps.
   Who would have thought a few months later we would be committing and entering into a commercial contract for 200 pieces with the original supplier.[^]

To meet the logistics in processing Orders, Banking, Post & Packing and financing...  ...  I would like to thank  Gerry Hawkridge of HAWK CARS Ltd  for his order of 50 pieces and offering his Services to make this commercial project / venture possible.

Each Complete Unit comprises of a fully assembled zinc cast chrome plated lozenge shaped Hinged Fuel Filler Cap with the correct  spring loaded keyhole shaped manual release, cap fitted with a replaceable Anti-splash back seal and fuel filler neck with tube .

Special Price for PROMPT PAYMENT .. Cheques or Credit Card ... received BEFORE 30th November 2011.

£88.50 plus £8.50 post and Packing plus 20% vat  £116.40Pounds Sterling..

Payment after 30th November revert to full price of £140.40 Inc p&p and vat..

Please make Cheques Payable to  HAWK CARS Ltd and posted to:

Keith Lessiter
   Courtyard Cottage
   Blisworth Road
   Gayton
   Northamptonshire
   NN7 3EY
   ENGLAND.

For those wishing to pay by credit card,( Add £2.00 )
   please email me your details:- Name, address card details....
   for extra security please email me your three digit security number on separate email. ( better to be safe than sorry .. [;)]..[;)])

Keith.lessiter@faac.co.uk

or phone :-  0044 (0) 7889 298 226

Sorry the price has increased from initial Guestimate. But this is due to time taken to get multiple patterns correct plus assembling additional components to make a complete unit ready to fit to your AC...  Ace, Aceca, Greyhound and Cobra ( please note .. rubber body seal not included)
   Does anyone have a source / supply for the rubber body seal [?]

Last but not least Thank You for your Order/s
   Delivery 8 to 10 weeks from receipt of official order.

This roller coaster ride has been both a education and a experience, Next Project ..[?]

Hi .... Just a quick note

To say thank you to those who have already confirmed credit card details and / or  cheques.

And to give a gentle nudge to those who have yet to respond,  First Batch of cheques and Credit Card transactions will be processed end of October, Due to quatity and vat  £££££K.. really imperrative that I get prompt payment ...[;)]. Gerry & I cannot afford to subsidise this venture and keep the price low...  ..   No pressure then!

Seriously , Have a good weekend.

Cheers for Now

Keith ..[:)]..[:)].

AC Ace Bristol

5th November  ( 05.17)  2011.

Latest update.

Received payment for 103 Fuel Filler Caps so Far. Thank you for your support.

Please Note.
   All orders  leaving the UK  for non EU Countries are Zero rated for vat,  2 caps Post and packing same price as per single unit, Whilst multiple units despatched in one consignement post and Packing according to weight and size of box.

Gerry has sourced a 69mm by 9mm Grommit which could be used as a Body Seal under the cap base / filler tube.(not 100% correct)
   All those who pay before the end of November will receive one with their cap free of charge.

Last but not least, it has been brought to my attention that owners of 260 and early 289 Cobras may wish to fit just the cap and not the complete assembly, the roller pin can be removed and the new cap used as direct replacement..  The complete unit will be supplied so one has the choice of how they wish to fit replacement unit.

Thank you once again to those who have already paid and a small nudge  and prod to those who have yet to pay by credit card or Cheque (In £s Sterling)

Cheers for Now

Keith   and  Gerry  

Migge

AC Ace Bristol

Migge

Latest on Fuel Filler Caps,  Order Placed with Ceandess for Correct Fuel Filler Caps, Have query with Ceandess regards the Base and Tube as it appears different to the screw threaded unit fitted by AC, the Cap and Keyhole shaped Release plus roll pin are 100% correct.
   So New cap fits straight onto existing origonal base without disturbing and removing main body from Car.

Arranging meeting for later this month when I can take complete assembly to Ceandess and discuss & compare base fitting.

To date we have received payment for approx 140 units.

Keep you all posted.

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Migge

Any news at the fuel filler cap front?

As far as I understood these filler caps are made of special aluminium which will explode with a big bang when someone try to mount them on a GRP body [:o)]

Migge

I know Peter,

That's why my 2 fuel filler caps are not supposed to go on a GRP body anyway.

EBBIEMERRITT

KEITH,

Credit card information to pay for our 19 caps has been forwarded to your personal e-mail address today.

Thanks for the extreme effort in getting this done.

"KEEP 'EM RUNNIN" . . .  [:)]

EARA
                CSX2535

AC Ace Bristol

quote:

I know Peter,

Peter

Interesting but Stupid !!

How Many L's in Gullible ..[?]..[?]

Seriously, ..  ..  LOTUS, TVR and many other GRP bodied cars are fitted with CANDESS  Fuel Filler Caps. How Many remain with us ..[?] I rest my case.....

Keith..[;)]

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by EBBIEMERRITT

KEITH,

Credit card information to pay for our 19 caps has been forwarded to your personal e-mail address today.

Thanks for the extreme effort in getting this done.

"KEEP 'EM RUNNIN" . . .  [:)]

EARA
                CSX2535

EARA

Eara

Thank you for confirming your Credit Card Details, Will download when I get  home.
   I take this opotunity to Answer a few questions.......

Individuals in EU are subject to vat,  bonifide trade are exempt along with all export outside EU.
   USA, Australia, South Africa, Canada  etc are Zero rated.

Fuel Filler Caps will be available in 8 to 10 working weeks.
   They are accurate and should fit directly onto existing AC Base with the new roller pin (Supplied)  Those with non standard base, can fit the whole assembly.
   For the early Cobra Boys who have a bugger of a job due to lack of access space  to/for the filler & base assembly, behind the  rear bulkhead and rear scuttle. Easier for them to just fit The New Cap unit.
   Hopefully I have catered for all permutations..[;)]

Cheers for Now and  a Big Thank You to all of you in supporting this venture.

Will keep you all posted of developments.

Cheers for Now

Keith..[;)]..[:)]

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

quote:

I know Peter,

Peter

Interesting but Stupid !!

How Many L's in Gullible ..[?]..[?]

Seriously, ..  ..  LOTUS, TVR and many other GRP bodied cars are fitted with CANDESS  Fuel Filler Caps. How Many remain with us ..[?] I rest my case.....

Keith..[;)]

Keith,

problems with correct citation?

Peter