News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Do you know this 1936 AC?

Started by mmouss, June 05, 2020, 00:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

mmouss

GSouthee

Hi Col

Cracking looking car, and nothing wrong with a bit bodily insulation. Mine keeps me warm when down the garage. ;D

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

mmouss

So, work is finished now, just have to wait for the allowance for driving it on the road after this second lockdown...
I must confess I am quite impatient!

administrator

nikbj68

WOW! What a gorgeous AC!  :-*

GSouthee

Very nice car, love the boat tail.

Where in the world are you?

Stay safe and enjoy the ride.
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

mmouss

Quote from: GSouthee on December 13, 2020, 10:07:56
Very nice car, love the boat tail.

Where in the world are you?

Stay safe and enjoy the ride.

Thank you GS, I live in the Var, south of France.

Big col

A thing of beauty is a joy forever. And that is what you have.
Well done with the work and enjoy it all you can.

To confirm, a bloater is a fish that puffs up to be quite large. When one has enjoyed too much excess then a man can begin to resemble such a fish.
I might be rough but I'm slow as well.

mmouss

I drove the AC for a little tour (about 60 miles) 2 days ago and again today.

It seems quite OK, the engine runs and pulls well and oil pressure is staying at a healthy 60 + psi when hot at about 2000 rpm. This is not surprising to me as all the bearings are brand new and the oil pump was in very good condition.

I adjusted 0.5 mm valves clearances as indicated in the technical book but I feel the timing is a bit noisy.
Could this clearance be slightly reduced (say 0.4 or 0.3 mm) without risk of damage to the valves and seats?

Despite I fitted some new felt, there is a quite serious oil leak at the rear crank seal when engine is running.
Any solution, except disassembling the engine again of course?

mmouss

Another little running in trip to the sea side yesterday...

dkp_cobra

This picture is a little bit irritating. It seems to me that the two person life in complete different climate zone. Is it photo composition  ???

paho

..........I'm not really suprised. There are quite a few people here taking a daily dip in sub-zero temperature, and not after a bastu either!
They often cut a hole in the ice with a chain saw.
/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

mmouss

Oups sorry guys, no photoshop here: you can notice it is really winter as the lady in the background is wearing a one piece bathing suit...  ;)

dkp_cobra

Quote from: mmouss on January 18, 2021, 18:17:50
Oups sorry guys, no photoshop here: you can notice it is really winter as the lady in the background is wearing a one piece bathing suit...  ;)
::) just another generation. I wear my 4mm wetsuit even in summer.