News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Wood under the roof in an Aceca?

Started by dkp_cobra, March 01, 2012, 13:00:45

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

Is the wood under the roof of an Aceca normal?

I have nothing there [:0]

59 Aceca

Peter,

I believe the wood was only used on those cars which had a headliner.  My car, AEX734, has no headliner and instead has some sort of fuzzy fabric glued directly to the inside of the roof.  I am somewhat tall and the extra inch+ of headroom is really nice.  Thanks for providing the great documentation of your restoration!  BE646 is very lucky to have you as its owner!

Greg

Gus Meyjes

That is the way mine is: Fuzzy headliner glued to the roof.

Gus

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes

That is the way mine is: Fuzzy headliner glued to the roof.

Gus

Yes, that was also the case for BE646. Thank you for you answers.

Peter

Aceca289

Peter,

I understand (as Greg indicates) that the wood on the roof is typical for an Aceca with a traditional "drop" type headliner. My Aceca (AEX521) has a traditional headliner and the wood frame, which I understand is there to support the headliner; although, I can't comment on how it's attached since I didn't see mine being installed. I don't believe Acecas with the glued on headlines have the wood frames. Maybe Greg or Gus can let us know if their cars have the wood frame and glued on headliner.

I used to think that only the early Aceca's had the traditional "drop" headliners, but I've seen pictures of later cars with the "drop" headliners.

John