News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Leather cabin edging.

Started by REV, May 05, 2009, 00:42:24

Previous topic - Next topic

REV

I don't know how you can critisise poor old Dubya & the US of A when our elected leaders are so terrible. The strain is really beginning to show on dear old Gordon now.................

What we all need in these times of crises is a hero, someone we can look upto, someone with.......... The Force!

I think the signs are that he's a man of the people and still wants to Rule.......

1984MkIV

Yes, something went wrong in the US; this is the one with the attitude for a winner:

Compare yourself:

Mark IV

Ah, but you Brits misunderstand. We ALWAYS make fun of ours, doing it to yours is just a "bonus" for us! And I readily admit that G.W. COULD be a long lost royal.......he has the I.Q. to qualify.......................[:D]

REV

The Brits have roamed the world for centuries laying claim to just about everything, but....................... (I think I can speak for the whole country here, and without fear of contradiction)
   We will in no way take any responsibility (express or implied) for YOUR  Mr. G. W. Bush!!!

He Sir, is yours...... Enjoy!

1984MkIV

From the "neutral" point of view of the guys who lost the war: Both the US and the UK had better times, especially concerning the automotive industry ... [:(]
   I´m happy that "we" took over AC (I´m talking about the Mk VI)[:D]!

Michael
   (from the country with the best car manufacturers in the entire world)

REV

I have to say that I can agree you manufacturer the best cars in the world at present. But I can only humbly suggest that the "World Tour" of AC will probably only stop briefly in Germany.
   Our Mr. Lubinsky rarely dwells long in one place!

I wonder what the MKVII's will look like??????

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by ak1023I don't know how you can critisise poor old Dubya & the US of A when our elected leaders are so terrible. The strain is really beginning to show on dear old Gordon now.........

And just who voted Gordo in? Not you or me, that`s for certain!
   Sorry, no pic, but what about "Jim Clark for Prime Minister"...our response to DSG for President?!

Trevor...That screensaver is mine, ALL MINE!!!!

1984MkIV

quote:

Trevor...That screensaver is mine, ALL MINE!!!!

Nik, where the heck did you hide the most important item of that poor girl - the plum?

Michael

(sorry, couldn´t sychronise the swinging)

REV

Sychronised swinging!!!!!

And that brings us back to the Black & White theme!

TLegate

Now getting concerned about the type of photos appearing here.....

A-Snake

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

I'm just back from a weeks trip on the Cobra 'Battleground' Tour, held amid the wet and rainy mountain roads of Virginia, and I can vouch for the fact that a Cobra does not need a heater, no matter what the weather is doing outside!! (I'm now in full Cobra-anorak mode and will be for some considerable time - even missing my flight home pales into insignificance, though anyone wanting the full lowdown on the retail opportunities to be had at Charlotte airport, feel free to ask....)

Trevor,
   Yes sir, all we needed were two 55 gallon trash bags pulled over the seats to keep the leather dry. [:p]

I had not heard about missing your flight. Did your GPS get wet on the way to NC?

TLegate

Greetings Mr.Snake

The trash bags worked well but of course just as I pulled them off Pat Ryan's car the rain fell down - and can you get those things back in a hurry? But driving a Cobra down dirt roads in torrential rain is great fun ... and I thought Dunsfold was wet!

Nah, don't use GPS. I got me a map and it works. I drove to Washington for the transfer to NC (it worked better coming in and not so good on the way home). Due to all them there storms that afflicted the whole area, as we taxied to take off all airspace south of Washington was closed due to turbulence. By the time a new route was sorted, we took off two hours late and I had two hour window to catch my flight home. The plane landed in NC as my one departed....still want to know how my bag got home before I did though....

TLegate

P.S. Forgot to say - a CD went in the post to you yesterday (I hope it arrives - seems the one I sent to Ken Gross about two weeks back has not arrived yet!)

Regards to yourself and Penny and I may forgive you for dragging me out there :-) Hope the car is dry-ish now???

cobham cobra

Regarding driving a Cobra in the rain, I think a  phrase I recently saw nicely sums up the attitude.
   If you're driving a soft-top with the roof up, the storm outside better have a name.[8D]

A-Snake

quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

P.S. Forgot to say - a CD went in the post to you yesterday (I hope it arrives - seems the one I sent to Ken Gross about two weeks back has not arrived yet!)

Regards to yourself and Penny and I may forgive you for dragging me out there :-) Hope the car is dry-ish now???

Trev,

If needed, and my CD arrives shortly, perhaps I can make a copy and forward to Ken. Keep me  posted.

A shop-vac and laying the carpets out in the sun for a day  worked. There was this strange green stuff on either side of the bottom cushion however.

The car did require a power washer to get all the black gravel out from everywhere!