News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Some interesting AC racing information

Started by Jim A, April 22, 2009, 01:36:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim A

Probably a well known site to all but in case not:
   http://www.racingsportscars.com/cars.html
   Lots of history and some pics.
   Just start with "Cars A"

Jim A

I am surprised to not see even one reply to this post.  I thought that the current owner of one of the 57 AC's pictured or the 20 or so chassis numbers chronicled would at least have a correction to the data.
   Just resting the cursor on "AC" will give some of the info avaiable.
   Clicking on "AC" will bring up a huge archive.
   If this resource has already been exhausted here, please let me know.

aex125

Jim,
   I tried to find the info you were referencing, but it always comes up as pics/info not available, try the full archive. Not sure what is going on, but I cannot seem to access the same info as you.
   Jay

Aceca289

Select "A" first and then pick A.C. in  the make section (not AC...go figure)  and then you are into the listings for AC's. I had the same problem as Jay at first. Nice site...it works like a database in that you can select a driver and see all the other cars he drove... Worth checking out!

aex125

Thanks for the tip, that is much better! Definitely some good info there, unfortunately nothing that looks like AEX125 early in its life. The search for history continues..........
   Jay

Bernie

Jim,   Thanks for the lead to the racing cars site. Yup, I looked throughly thru all the info until my eyes are blurred. Like everyone else, I didnt find my BEX494, and didnt really expect to, but what a neat way to spend a few hours when one cant sleep.,,,,,,Bernie, Michigan