News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Picture of 4124 VM

Started by hannam.john, April 08, 2009, 19:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

hannam.john

I have a  a picture of a 289 Cobra taken in June 1987 outside a classic car showroom. Its a light blue car with wire wheels. It has a bonnet air scoop.  The car does not appear to be registered now and I can't find the above reg number on our  register, but perhaps the current owner would like a copy? Or maybe i have  a picture of a very good fake?
   Regards,
   John

nikbj68

Maybe post the pic here?

hannam.john

Will do, as soon as I manage to do so!

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by hannam.john

Will do, as soon as I manage to do so!

Check out the 5th post down, HERE: or email it to me & I`ll post for you!
   Nik.

nikbj68

For and on behalf of John, picture of 4124 VM:

I dunno, is it just me or does the vent appear a little too high & close to the wheelarch, or is it just the camera angle?
   289 replicas were (and still are!) in short supply in `87, but does anyone know of this car`s current status?

A-Snake

Nik,

I agree, there are elements on that car that are other than what would be on an original Cobra.
   Wheels; knockoffs; bonnet handles, angle of the lower front corner of door appears too sharp; flat edges on flares too narrow; location of parking/turn signal light too far outboard and perhaps too low; vents appear a little too large but that could be because they are polished; tonneau cover snaps on the door?

However, by 1987 "modification" could have occurred. [8D]

nikbj68

Hahaha...Looks like someone else was nearby around the same time, and is now selling These Pictures on eBay:

I wonder what their stories are? The standard looking MkI(?) is on tradeplates, but the FiA-ish MkII is definitely on Yank registration, although I can`t make it out.
   Is it just the reflection, or is there a dent in the rear wing?