News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

PERIOD PICTURES, AC cars in use

Started by jonto, April 01, 2020, 16:59:35

Previous topic - Next topic

jonto

A 12hp tourer on holiday, Westward Ho. I'd say a 1921 model.

jonto

Another 1921 12hp, not known but London area.

galfredus

Here's a grainy photo of my car back in the day.  It was published in a book about ACs.  Would love to get my hands on a better copy if anyone knows the whereabouts of the original.

Big col

Nice to see people enjoying cars back then like we do now.
I might be rough but I'm slow as well.

jonto

A 12hp sports entering Swan Square, Burslem, one of the five towns known as "The Potteries", probably in the mid 20's.

jonto

Another AC in Burslem, St John's Square this time. A 1920/21 12hp, with sidelights mounted on the screen pillar's and a bulb horn. They were it seems quite popular around the five towns. Henry Farr & Sons, Newcastle under Lyme were one of the agents. In the 1960's I ran a TR4, and I used to call at their spares department for SU parts, for which they were the local agent. Eddie the manager knew I had an AC, and when he saw me there, he came to the counter and asked " hows the Acedes"  ;D

jonto

UO 586 (31225) Up on the moors, between Buxton and Macclesfield, over thirty years ago.

jonto

Insurance renewal time. 1923 car value £200, premium £10, 16 shillings, remember them?    :)

jonto

Someone drove over to France to run in the race, UK registration PD, could it be a works car?

1924 Départ des Routes Pavées . Bodendick sur Bugatti T30 n° 23 entre une AC Cars n°24 et Une Ariès n°63

jonto

Veteran & Vinage Magazine February 1968  1936 AC Ace competition 2 seater.
I hope these pages are readable, I don't seem able to load larger files.

jonto

An early sports model, perhaps the first. No date, probably 1914, and a Fivet engine most likely.

nikbj68

I love the "nautical" vents! Looks like a lot of fun! 😎

jonto

Crabb's early Fivet engined car on sale in 1969