News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Inserting glass rubbers

Started by Peter Hoskin, September 15, 2008, 07:10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Hoskin

AC ACECA - I have new rubbers for windscreen inner and outer, rear window and also the front and rear quarter lights. I now have to fit them as part of my rebuild activity. My ACECA has the square bottom corner windscreen.  I thought there might be an entry gate to allow the T section rubber to slide in, but no.
   Has anyone any guidance on how its best done? any special tools or lubricants?

Aceca289

You might want to seek professional help with replacing the front and rear windshield rubber. There was another post regarding replacing the rear window and I recall the person having a windshield glass repair service do the work with great satisfaction and at a reasonable expense.  You might even be able to get a mobile service to come to you. As for the rear quarters and front windwings I would recommend calling Ron Leonard (Sport and GT Motoring 970-259-0108 , Colorado, USA). Ron has been involved with AC's since the 50's and sells the rubber parts you mentioned.  He is also restoring an Aceca of his own right now. Ask him for a current parts list as he may be able to supply you with some additional parts for your restoration project.

I would appreciate it if you post or send me an e-mail (aceca289 at aol dot com) with the results of what you discover, as I have the same task ahead of me when I get the opportunity to do the work. I would also be interested in how you end up getting the old hardened rubber out as mine is as hard as nails!

Best of luck,

John