News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Autokraft Mk IV serial numbers

Started by fast_4, July 29, 2008, 20:58:49

Previous topic - Next topic

fast_4

When cars left factory did any have just  two letters and four numbers?  example (AK 1012)

twogreens

They certainly did.  Mine is AK 1503.

Kind Regards
   Two Greens

bobbylangley

jbottini

Bob, I'll ask MKIV to weigh in here, but as AutoKraft and the sucessor company was an recognised builder of internaytion cars, they also has a VIN number as proscribed by international convention. You can find the "decoder" on several sites, this one included"

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by jbottini...You can find the "decoder" on several sites, this one included"

Which one, Jim...which one? [?]

jbottini

Linklaw or MKIV can you please weigh in here? I can't find the decoder for the vin

Mark IV

Try.....http://www.decodethis.com/

The SA9K in the VIN is the Autokraft/AC international identifier.

ANF289

quote:
Originally posted by Mark IV

Try.....http://www.decodethis.com/

The SA9K in the VIN is the Autokraft/AC international identifier.

Example VIN:

SA9AK3025FA017069  AKA AK1069

Decoder:

SA9 = British Standard
   AK = Manufacturer - Autokraft
   302 = Engine size
   5 = Check sum number
   F =  Model Year (1985)  (G = 1986, H = 1987, J = 1988 K = 1989, L =   1990, M = 1991 N = 1992 P = 1993).
   A = Plant A or B
   017 = British Standard
   069 = Chassis production number since 1985 (Cars not necessarily produced in numerical order).

jbottini

MKIV advised that he "believes that BA may have done rollers (in complete vehicles) with AK XXXX  id's or if he/when he did non MKIV's, i.e. cob & cox's they would have had 7 digit (COB or COX XXXX) number. Lightweights all had 7 digit id's, (AKL XXXX and an international VIN if a complete vehicle