News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Ol' Girls latest state.

Started by GSouthee, March 31, 2019, 15:31:15

Previous topic - Next topic

GSouthee

Hi Just an update on the position with the Ol' Girl.

Well she is now minus wings both front and rear for a bare metal respray, I am just trying to decide the exact colour Grey. Also go to beat out and fill a couple of small dings etc.

The Boot Spare wheel cover bonnet and nose cone are also off getting ready for a respray in original Green as is the rear section of the body as It got a nice dent in it care of some careless driver in local village, who buggered off without leaving a note.

May do roof (probably will) but will see how new paint blends in at base of roof section.

Radiator out being replaced by a TR6 4 core one to help keep the engine cooler as the AC won't cut it.

Rear lever arm shocks off and now sold to a MGTC owner who paid an extortionate amount for them, (well in my opinion). Still they are pretty rare I suppose. Now working on the telescopic shock frame from a 1953 model, making a couple of mods as also going to fit Monroe air shocks to assist with ride height when rear seat and boot laden. Need to modify the top mount to take a loop fitting instead of the pin fitting. Then fit the airline into the boot wall for easy filling with air. Should make a great improvement over the lever arms.

Now looking at the wheels and with luck going to 16" wheels with radials and tubes. Hopefully a fine member has the last one I am looking for. Need to have a bit more grip for braking and general road holding especially as now running with approx. 140bhp

Here's a couple of pics of her in bits. Oh and the little white Renault 4 is Irma La Douce The Ol' Girls new stable mate.

For those interested I'll stick some pics of Shock Absorber conversion as I go along.

Cheers  Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

GSouthee

My car my rules.

Big col

I might be rough but I'm slow as well.

GSouthee

Cheers  Col, yes she is a great little run around and so much more economical than Olive  my V11 S2 landrover, who has now left the building.

But the 2 litre is my real pride and joy but is taking a bit of time to get done due to loft conversion and the myriad of 5 minute(take half a day)  ??? jobs the wife finds for me.

Gary

My car my rules.

Big col

You sound like the man building the body for my 16/66. He always has something more important to do rather than my body. >:(
Keep at it though Gary, remember, a thing of beauty is a joy for ever.
I might be rough but I'm slow as well.