News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

help identify these tailights

Started by msgsobe, April 27, 2008, 14:35:48

Previous topic - Next topic

msgsobe

Hi Guys, can't find what these are from on MA 200.
   they are marked "hella IGM0813C2, classe 2" one has a slight crack, need to find new ones.  help!!

IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/markgold/6000PEMA200atThamesDitton5.jpg[/img]

Robin A Woolmer

They look like those fitted to a Sunbeam Alpine of the period, they were also fitted to Turner's!
   Not sure where to get them but if you contact Holden or S-V-C they might assist.

Robin

msgsobe

thsnks, that holden site is great, whats S-V-C...

jbottini

If you look at period pictures of an alpine or tiger...they look the part. But as you have a hella p/n a good shop should be able to 100% accurately tell you what they fit or direect you to a replacement.

Robin A Woolmer

'www.s-v-c.co.uk'supply classic lights etc. I imagin there are many Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger cars in US

Robin

aex125

As others have said, they look very close to Series 4/5 Alpines or Tigers. If they are the same parts, they are available from Classic Sunbeam Ossing New York 1-800-24-sunbeam, www.classicsunbeam.com; or Sunbeam Specialties Los Gatos Cal 408 371-1642, www.rootes.com.
   Jay

Robin A Woolmer

Have checked the UK owners site 'www.sumbeamtiger.co.uk' who have a spares section & can supply the Rear Red Lens £25, the rear Amber Lens £23 & re-chrome base £35.
   Telephone contact (44) 1207 581 025
   Hope this assists

Robin

Peterw11

Mark:

I've been trying to dope that out since you first posted the pictures of the rear end design.

My best guess was Rover P5.

But that'd be a Lucas part.  Hella tells me it's a German or Swedish manufacturer.

Volvo 122, maybe?

msgsobe

better pics.  we've determined not sunbeam based on the shape of the housing. here is it:

Classicus

Probably the best way to start is to send an e-mail plus your very clear pic as an attachment to Holden and asking them... [:)]

Emmanueld

I asked a very knowledgeable friend of mine and he says: "They look like Carello from maybe Alfa 2000, Alfa 2600. Something Italian for sure."

You might want to check with Re-Originals! They have a lot of difficult to find Italian parts. E-mail them photos, they are quite a good company!

http://www.reoriginals.com/index.asp

Regards,

Emmanuel

msgsobe

I thought italian also, but they are hella.

msgsobe

my friends at ferrari chat have identified it as 1962 NSU fiat!!!

Peterw11

Actually, that may be correct.  I've never heard of the model, but I've heard of NSU and of course, Fiat, but never the two together.

However, a quick search showed that it does, indeed, exist and was built in the correct time frame.  I couldn't find any clear pictures of the taillight, but the ones I did find look similar.

Also, check out the Fiat 1100 sedan of the same year, or years.  It could be the same part, and I'm sure there's a lot more of them.

Shouldn't be too hard to find. [;)]