News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Gentleman's Express Club AC 428 Register - Updates

Started by Classicus, March 10, 2008, 21:39:55

Previous topic - Next topic

shep

Jeff,

I am currently updating the ACOC 428 Frua Register for publication to the membership. I saw your photos of CF 26. In previous registers it was listed as CFX 26, but checking the original factory ledger, CF 26 is indeed right. It was sold to a chap in Manchester here in the UK but I have no further contact until your photos. Can you share any further details, and can send Private Message to me for confidentiality.  Hope all is well with you, Andy.

Matthew

Does anyone know if the Frua Register is still open for updates or has it been closed down ?

DGoose

Hi Matthew,

Still live as the club renewed the subscription yesterday, the old web address, if saved, will flag up as insecure being non https://

Use the new address below,

https://acfrua428.activeboard.com/

Matthew

Thanks as it's good to see the Register is still getting roughly 30 to 40 users or so daily which is listed at the bottom so there's obviously still some interest in the car.

Has there been any news, updates or pics on member's cars or generally since Feb last year as for some reason they're not mentioned in the Classic Car mags any more....?

shep

Hi Matthew,
My 428 is sitting in the garage at the moment with a seized clutch and a slight water leak from the header tank. I really must pull it out and get it running for the summer. Longer term, the magnolia interior is looking a bit tired and would benefit from some attention, and years ago we converted the hubs to run Halibrand alloy wheels in place of the wire wheels. I really should return it to the wires. and then the paintwork is OK but showing signs of age so perhaps some work will be required in 4 or 5 years time.
Cheers, Andy.