News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Aceca rear screens

Started by Exowner, July 16, 2018, 10:31:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Exowner

Does anyone out there know if there is a supplier who has Aceca rear screens?
Glenn Burnage.

Robin A Woolmer

If you do a search on this site you will find a reference to having new screens made but unfortunately it is dated 2009! worth contacting the email on the article, I would expect a batch was made then so a supplier was obviously available!

Robin

Klassik Metall

They used to be available from   http://www.plastics4performance.com/ & were at one time listed on their website, probably best to just give them a call.

Regards Luke.

Exowner

Thanks chaps.
The reason for this post was - the top nearside of the rear screen seems not to follow the contour of the aperture as well as it might.
I wondered if the rubber was getting a bit tired, hence the not-perfect fit at the top nearside. It may be that the screen was not a perfect fit in the first place, but the rubber was keeping it in line and now the mis-alignment is showing itself as the rubber yields under years of holding it correctly - maybe?
Does anyone know the thickness of the plexi screen and the thickness of the alloy lip of the aperture? - can't order any new rubber until I know and I don't want to take the screen and rubber out yet.
Does cut-to-length mounting rubber behave itself around the corners when bent, or does the mounting rubber have to be pre-formed, as it were, if so, is it available anywhere??
All help gratefully received
Glenn

Klassik Metall

The screen is 5mm thick & the lip of the aperture is 4mm thick.
Over time the rubber seals do tend to harden & shrink so maybe this is what's causing your current issue
The new rubber is sold off the roll by companies such as COH Baines Ltd. https://www.coh-baines.co.uk/search.php?search_query=screen+rubbers&x=0&y=0

New rubber seals are quite supple & easily conform to the large radius corners of the cars rear hatch.As you probably know the seal is finally tensioned into position by inserting the filler strip using a simple hand tool, some lubrication such as liquid soap often helps during this process.

Luke.

Exowner

Luke and the others, many thanks for the useful info.
See my next post, coming right now!
Glenn