News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

CF9

Started by Damien, December 02, 2007, 09:06:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmanueld

Damien, This occurred to me, make sure you remove the yoke at the end of the automatic box, it just pulls out!  You then slide it at the rear of the Toploader box. Now if you have the correct Torino tail shaft with the big spline, it should go in just fine. If the motor is in the right place the original drive shaft will bolt right in since the C6 and the Toploader with the Torino tail shaft are exactly the same length and have the same large spline. The reason why I picked this tail shaft is precisely because you can reuse the original drive shaft. Let me know!

Emmanuel

PS, The MGB drive shaft would never be strong enough to handle the torque of your engine even if you could fit it! [;)]

Damien

Emmanuel,  Thanks for your input but I used the wrong terminology in my translation.  The issue is with the steering rack.  I thought it is an MGB, but the one in my car seems not to be.  Does anybody know what type of steering rack it precisely is.
   Regards,
   Damien
   PS I just bought one of these bumpers sets, thanks for the tip.

Emmanueld

Damien Hi, easy, even though the rack was sourced from MG, I think it is the MGC version with longer tie rods. Maybe the rack on your car was modified or replaced at some point. Talk to David or Tom Kirkham, they should be able to help you since the 427 markIII rack is the same. I have bought quite a few parts there. [:)] http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com

Regards,

Emmanuel

Damien

Dear all,

My car is progressing slowly but well.
   I will have to make the choice of my colour soon.  Originally, it was white.  But does anyone know which type of white AC used (creamy white or real white) and where I can get the code.
   Here are some additional pictures.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/damienheymans/DSC01392.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/damienheymans/DSC01402.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/damienheymans/DSC01398.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/damienheymans/DSC01394.jpg

Kind regards,

Damien Heymans

Michael Trotter

Damien
   Re window switches : On CF6 all the window gear including switches is by Bertone and I guess they supplied all Italian makers in the 60's including perhaps Alfa and Fiat for their top of the range saloons.Suggest you try Classic Alfa (www.classicalfa.co.uk) or similar source for Fiat. Incidentally, CF6 was wired with no earth wires to the motors, relying apparently on an earth return through the door hinges. If CF9 is the same I suggest you run third wires from earths in the car to the motor bodies. Hope this is helpful if you havent found suitable switches. Good luck - what you have shown us looks impressive.
   Michael

Emmanueld

Hi Michael, I have yet to identify the window switches, they are of a type I have never seen before or since! As far as the color, I think it is called old English white, it is almost ivory, a pretty color. I had painted the stripes on my Kirkham that color. I will verify the name for you.

Emmanuel

Damien

Hello,
   My tacho and rev counter seem electrical drivenand not mechanically.
   Is this original ?
   Kind regards,
   Damien

Emmanueld

Yes the tach is electrical the speedo is mechanical.

Emmanuel

Damien

Emmanuel,
   If you could get the exact name of the color, it would be great.
   Also for the exhaust, I will replace the pick-up collectors with stainless steel ones.
   There is however nearly no place at the side of the steering shaft.
   How did you solve it ? Do you have one pipe going around it ?
   Regards,
   Damien

Emmanueld

Sorry for delay, as far as the color I will post it later on, for the headers, they were custom built to clear the steering shaft. It was a friend of Dennis who did it starting with Sanderson shorties, cheaper that way. Then they were ceramic coated inside out for duration and heat reduction. Your car is a right hand drive, so it will be different.

Emmanuel [:D]

Damien

The renovation is progressing well and the car is driving again.
   I will post some pictures in a short while.
   In the meantime, I am looking for a steering wheel, the dimensions and the lock for the glove compartment.
   Can anybody also tell what kind of speakers where in the car and where I can source similar ones.

Thanks for your help,

Damien

Damien

My CF9 is now at the paint shop (pictures will follow).
   the guy is telling me that the sills, the hood, the sills and the trunck are made of aluminium.
   I thought the car was made out of steel.  Does this meen that these parts are not original ?

Kind regards,

Damien

Damien

My car is progressing well.
   Here some pictures :

I am now looking for two small black handels of the dashboard switches and for the locker of the glovebox.  Can somebody help ?

Kind regards,

Damien

Classicus

She's beautiful, I still get a wonderful kick every time I see a 428 !! Looking very, very nice indeed.

Well done ! [8D]

Classicus

Did the windscreen fit ok in the end ?