News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Lightweight for sale since 2005?

Started by nikbj68, August 24, 2007, 10:31:55

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

Does anyone know whether This Lightweight (AKL 1356?) ever sold? I recall seeing the advert some time ago & just stumbled across it again. The website appears to have had 6000+ views since September 2005.

I wonder if Carol(sic) Shelby got many splinters in his hands making those original wooden lasts?[:o)]

I believe the original plan was to make 26-ish Lightweights, but what was the actual figure? I thought there were about 70 in the end, would this be wrong? [?]

cobham cobra

Hi Nick,
   Yes the car was bought by a chap in Surrey. The new owner has joined the club and attended the Classic Le Mans in it last year, he also won the National Day (MKIV) concours with it this year. Although the car had only done 40 or so miles it still needed to be recommissioned and this was carried out by Al and Alec at Thunder Road last year.
   All the best - John.

Lewis AK1069

does anyone know what it sold for?????

nikbj68

Thanks John. I`d be pretty disappointed not to win concours with that!

cobham cobra

That's fair comment, but it's my car that came second[}:)]
   There's always next year though[;)]

TLegate

Maybe you lost points for your car being "too black".... :-)

On a slightly off-topic note, check out the current issue of 'evo' which rates the 427 as the Scariest Car (ever!). Nice to know it can still win prizes. Still not driven mine yet....but am I frightened???

SB7019

I believe he paid less than 60K for it.  Sounded like a very good deal (for the buyer) to me.

runt

Hi Trevor, you're probably not frightened[;)] ..but perhaps I would be; the bit about pushing down on the brake pedal @ 25 mph, then the car slows 100 yds later scares me!

Back to the lightweight, 289..? I assume that was special order; thought Fo Mo Co had used the 302 instead since '68?

Paul.[:)]

hicob

HI JOHN, SORRY HADNT FINISHED!  THANKS, GREAT DESCRIPTION COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS STILL ON THE WEB AS IVE OWNED THIS CAR SINCE MAR06. LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING IT MORE EXERCISE. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK STEVE GREY AND MICK QUINN FOR THEIR HELP AT THE WINGS & WHEELS, DUNSFOLD, IT WAS A GREAT DAY. REGARDS AKL 1356 PAUL

hicob

Lightweight description on website was totally inaccurate, it is a standard MKIV lightweight with a 302svo engine, 4 barrel holly carbs, approx 345bhp

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by hicob

Lightweight description on website was totally inaccurate, it is a standard MKIV lightweight with a 302svo engine, 4 barrel holly carbs, approx 345bhp

It appears to have gone now.[:)]

All the best with the new 'exercise regime'! [8D]
   Nik.

aaron

Mark IV

If you asked Mr. Angliss, the number was much lower...if you checked the invoices, the number is closer!

"This is a VERY rare Ferrari, the factory only built six, I own all eight"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![}:)]

AKL

Hello HICOB, which holly carburetor is on your engine

Thanks
   AKL