News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

I have done something stupid - can anyone help?

Started by keithjecks, July 24, 2007, 23:03:47

Previous topic - Next topic

keithjecks

I have lost the key for my 16/70. Does anyone know how I can get another made up? Naturally I was too stupid to make a note of the number of the ONLY key I had......

AC-Crankcase

Hi ace2.4,

Don't the prewar ignition switches have the key number on them??  The post war saloons Lucas fitting does.

All the best,
   Tom

keithjecks

It has 'MRN' stamped on one side and '1' on the other. Is MRN 1 the number? If so, where can I get a key made up?

Robin A Woolmer

I believe 'The Green Spark Plug Company' did sell some of these Keys, there are also some classic car dealers also try Paul Beck 'Vintage Supplies' i am sure if he does not have them he will know somebody that does.

Robin

Robin A Woolmer

Paul Beck definitly has MRN keys for sale @ £9 for a pair call him on 01692 650 455
   Robin

keithjecks

Thanks Robin - I will call him tomorrow!

Keith

Robin A Woolmer

Keith
   Have found another source for keys, it is Ian Cooley who has many keys & one MRN1 available @ £2.59 plus 80 p P&P
   Send Cheque for this to
   Ian Cooley,2 Masefield Avenue, Borehamwood, Herts WD6 2HQ

Ian is very willing to assist all AC club members to source keys & is a member of the MG Club
   web site

' www.mgcars.org.uk '
   Hope this assists & will be good for all members.

Regards

Robin

keithjecks

Thanks Robin - keys are on their way. Now, if we have some nice weather I can go out to play!

keithjecks

What fantastic service! 24 hours later and my car has two working keys. I will try not to lose these.... Thanks for your help.

Keith