News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Nearly Done

Started by hawk289, July 11, 2007, 22:31:56

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk289

After 2 years, the restore of my Aceca is nearly complete. I have attached some photos [:D] I hope you like the car. Jobs to complete:

Water pipes,
   Oil Pressure
   Oil
   Accelerate Cable
   Tune

John

jbottini

Beautious...I doubt it looked that good when it left the factory!!!!

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Beautious...I doubt it looked that good when it left the factory!!!!

...And I was thinking what a skillful restoration it was, to not over-restore beyond 'as new'.
   Superb, John. An absolute joy to behold.

cobham cobra

Congratulations John your car looks great. Will you get it finished in time for National Day or Wings and Wheels ?
   Enjoy your car - John.

hawk289

Yep, nearly complete!!. Thanks for all the comments, will be going to Silverstone classic and W&W. Not sure it will be ready for the national day.

What I'm also going to do is document the restore and provide all the great contacts I have found who have that very useful bit that are hard to find.

Thanks

John.

TLegate

So what days do you leave your house unattended.....?

hawk289

Trevor,

Are you have seen my four children and "her in doors" they scare away most people.

John.

aex125

John,
   The car is looking great! Just out of curiosity, what color blue is that?
   Jay

Jacinto Miguel Gonçalves

Very beautiful, good work :)

Gus Meyjes

What a nice job. Are you driving around in it yet? Mine should have been done by now, but it is not, hopefully soon. Anyway: Great looking car!! Congratulations!Should be fun with 160 HP!!

Gus