News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Need Mk IV Master Cylinder

Started by DWR46, January 11, 2017, 01:20:01

Previous topic - Next topic

DWR46

I have searched the forum and found the Girling part numbers for the master cylinder (PMH117). Original number was 64066627. It appears it was used on the 1972-76 MK1 Ford Granada. Where can I purchase a new cylinder?

AC Ventura

These guys are the best place to start. Do you need the cylinder and not just a simple rebuild kit?

www.powertrackbrakes.co.uk

If no avail, and its the bore,
   you can always have the cylinder sleeved. In which case you need:

Nigel Mountain
   Contract Auto Engineering Limited
   Unit 2
   Ward Road
   Sandy Lane Ind. Est.
   Stourport upon Severn
   Worcs
   DY13 9QB

01299 828117

DWR46

AC: Thanks for the reply. I have a email out to them with the specifics of the cylinder. We will see what they have. I wanted to investigate a new cylinder before I start to source parts for a sleeve and rebuild.

MkIV Lux

DWR46

MkIV Lux

Hello Dyke,
   I have recently replaced the brake master cylinder on my LHD MkIV (July 1993):
   It was Ford Sierra part number 6118138.

Sourced it now from Delphi (LM36315).

Hope this helps

DWR46

Lux: Thank you for the info. Your cylinder appears to look exactly like my unit. However, the websites list it as having a 7/8" bore, and mine measured 1". My cylinder is out for rebuilding now, so I will let you know how it turns out. The previously recommended source cannot supply the Girling unit as originally listed.

DWR46

Since I started this thread, I thought I would finish the discussion. I was not able to easily locate a new master, so I sent the old one to White Post for sleeving and rebuilding. I have used them in the past, but had some problems about 10 years ago, and moved to another rebuilder. Now that firm has started doing poor quality work, so I gave White Post another chance. They turned the cylinder around in three days, did just as I requested and it appears to be good quality work. So I will continue to use them. Cost was about $225 including shipping.