News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

2 Litre Rocker Cover oil breather pipes

Started by Chris Hartley, December 07, 2016, 15:38:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Hartley

Does anyone have any information please? I've seen quite a few illustrations of 2 Litre engines where the brass breather vents in the rocker/cam cover have been fitted with  - or replaced with - elbows that allow breather pipes to be fitted, though I assume these were never a standard fitment. I've no idea who manufactures these or whether they have been hand made by individual owners. I would like to acquire a couple to pipe away the slight smell of oil vapour which seems to pervade the cockpit of the car when the engine is warm.  I gather from comments I've read previously that this is not an uncommon problem.  Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Chris

BE774

Some do this because they compete with their cars and it is a requirement to fit a catch-tank for excessive oil fumes. All the ones I have seen have been hand made.
Barbara