News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC ACE and AC Greyhound for sale in Germany

Started by malcolmnoble, September 08, 2016, 10:24:17

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolmnoble

What appears to be a very smart showroom in Hamburg recently listed 3 AC cars on its website

http://www.thiesen-kg.de/en/angebot_einzelansicht.html

You may need to click on "new arrivals" in order to see listings

The Bristol engined AC appears to have been sold leaving a very original AC engined 1959 ACE plus a 2.2 l Bristol Engined Greyhound.

The asking price for the Greyhound is, I am told Euro 160,000.--

malcolmnoble

adendum...the ACE that shows as now SOLD was also AC engined

nikbj68

€160,000 for the Greyhound?!  is it 24k gold plated?! I don't think it's the original engine and some horrible modern interior features...Crazy money!

dkp_cobra

When I looked for an Aceca 2010 this Greyhound was offered to me by Movendi for 77T€. I wasn't convinced by the quality of the restoration.

malcolmnoble

Was it fitted with a Triumph engine then ? At least it's nice to see a return to the correct period Bristol 110 engine.

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by malcolmnoble

Was it fitted with a Triumph engine then ? At least it's nice to see a return to the correct period Bristol 110 engine.

No, it had the Bristol engine.

nikbj68

IIRC Alistair Hacking swapped the Triumph for Bristol before the 'Hound went to Germany, when the car was less that a quarter of it's current asking price!

alexG

Thiesen are a high end quality dealer who have sold several Aces, the last being AE1137 that was originally sold to Bermuda. We have good contact with them and exchange info

R Warlop

Champagne! Finally someone who sees more value in a Greyhound than a 6 window VW camper van! Perhaps Mr Thiessen is not the only one.

malcolmnoble

By way of Post Script understand the AC Greyhound did find a buyer (non UK ) at Euro 130.000

johngoose

Thank you Malolm - a new high!
   I've asked Thiesen to put the new owner in touch with us
   John