News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Reims begins to revive!

Started by nanard289, May 20, 2007, 18:53:46

Previous topic - Next topic

nanard289

From several years ago, "Les Amis du Circuit de Gueux" are working to protect the old track installations and to maintain the Reims-Gueux's Legend. In order to pay tribute to this association, a large manifestation will be organised to celebrate the "1er Week-end de l'Excellence Automobile" in next september http://www.weea-organisation.com/. Is ACOC will be officialy present in the "Paddock des clubs"?

Emmanueld

Hi nanard,

Is the track still around? I thought it had been demolished!

Emmanuel

nanard289

quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld

Hi nanard,

Is the track still around? I thought it had been demolished!

Emmanuel

Hello Emmanuel
   Reims-Gueux track like Le Mans or Spa Francorchamp was done by a national road and secondary road sections. It was not a permanent track. Roads are in good condition but the main stand looks very tired. Here attached some pictures to have a realistic general survey. These one are from last year at the Jaguar's commemorative day.

And this one from last month

nanard289

Some news from the organisation team:
   Quote:"Fangio's Mercedes W196 "Streamliner" - winner of the 1954 French GP at Reims will star once more there this September
   DaimlerChrysler France have underlined their commitment to the "1st Week-End of L'Excellence Automobile" organised by Franz Hummel and his team. They have invited F1 star Jean Alesi to demonstrate Fangio's W196 Streamliner, one of the classic GP cars of all time. It was in this very car that he won the world championship twice - in 1954 and 1955"
   Unquote