News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Mk IV Hex Nuts

Started by MkIV Lux, August 04, 2016, 09:02:53

Previous topic - Next topic

MkIV Lux

Hi All,
   Does anybody have a set of hex nuts (hexagonal centre lock wheel nuts) for the Mk IV for sale? (2 left side and 2 right side)

You can send feedback by p-m or to ccmngt(at)pt.lu

Cheers
   Constant

AC Ace Bristol

Constant.

Found you a Set of 4 x NOS Cobra Hex Wheel Nuts Complete with correct Spanner as supplied by AC Cars...[:p]

Details emailed to you...[;)]

Can collect on your behalf if required and despatch from work..[?]

Cheers for Now

Keith

MkIV Lux

Many thanks, Keith, will keep you posted
   Cheers
   Constant

Mark IV

There were two different nut sizes used over the MK IV production and thus two different wrenches. Ask me how I know....

nightrider

quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux

Hi All,
   Does anybody have a set of hex nuts (hexagonal centre lock wheel nuts) for the Mk IV for sale? (2 left side and 2 right side)

You can send feedback by p-m or to ccmngt(at)pt.lu

Cheers
   Constant

jbottini

Mark IV, evidently no one cares.jbottini

bobbylangley

But it sounded financially painful...

AC Ace Bristol

MK1V

Does it really matter if they are larger or smaller version, as long as you have a matching set of 4 (NOS) with correct spanner, You are home and dry..[;)].

Assuming the thread is the same size and pitch the same .[?] Can't see any reason why AC would have changed?  Unless you know better [?].[?]

Keith..

MkIV Lux

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

MK1V

Does it really matter if they are larger or smaller version, as long as you have a matching set of 4 (NOS) with correct spanner, You are home and dry..[;)].

Assuming the thread is the same size and pitch the same .[?] Can't see any reason why AC would have changed?  Unless you know better [?].[?]

Keith..

Hi Keith,
   First of all many thanks for your support on this. Sent you a PM.

As to your  above remark: indeed it does not matter as long as the spanner matches the nut size.
   I was told there were 2 different outer dimensions, thread and pitch not having changed over time.
   Cheers
   Constant

Mark IV

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

MK1V

Keith..

Sorry,

Do not have any nuts, only some sockets for them.

MkIV Lux

Item closed, found what I have been looking for.
   Thanks for your help Keith!