News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Ace badges

Started by alexG, August 03, 2016, 23:53:33

Previous topic - Next topic

alexG

Anyone happen to have, or know of someone who has surplus/spare, the correct circular (front and rear bodywork) AC badges for the AC engined Ace....please?
   I imagine these are the same for several different models, Saloon?, Aceca? maybe others.
   After over 40 years of ownership of AE01, I for some reason or other suddenly feel the urge to get the correct badges on the car, why not, better late than never!

alexG

Well, thanks to one member I'm 50% there, ie I have one badge!

On perhaps a different tack, would there be any interest for badges if I could get proper replicas cast? Clearly to do a one off is expensive but divide that by 4, 6, 8, 10 or whatever makes it much more reasonable.

Robin A Woolmer

I believe there is a manufacturer of these but they are quite expensive, they go to car shows so worth a google!"

AE29

I would be interested in having proper replicas cast, sign me up!  I need a couple for AE 29.  The ones I have right now appear to be hand cast, I posted a couple photos on this forum a while back.

Jim

Vince Caldicott

I might have a badge that you're looking for, it's a chrome plated AC badge with a nobbly background, given to me by the son of a friend of mine who recently passed away. I would send you a picture but it's in the boot of my 427 which is currently having a new engine etc installed and I won't be seeing it for a few weeks as the garage isn't local. I believe it came off AE28 which he crashed in the 60s. From memory It's approximately 65mm in diameter. Regards
   Vince

Vince Caldicott

Just checked my overnight bag and found the badge, it's 55mm in diameter with a nut and pin on the back. I will try and post some pictures.

Vince Caldicott

alexG

Vince, that looks the job, many thanks for the photos. If its off AE 28, then its very appropriate, ie only 7 cars after mine!
   My email is in Action, but for ref its:        alex.hillparkfarm@gmail.com
   Do please contact me, alex

alexG

Jim, let me see how I get on with the badge that Vince is talking about! thanks Alex

alexG

Well, thanks to Vince, now have the second badge....think thats good for now!