News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Mark IV diagnostics?

Started by gblue, May 13, 2007, 05:58:16

Previous topic - Next topic

gblue

Aloha again...is there a obd port to check if there is a problem with one of the cars systems? Is there an on board computer? My owners manual doesn't mention one.....Mahalo from Maui.....Gregg

ak1234

I;m under the impression that behind the passanger side kick board ..pull back the carpet and theres a trap door .. the silver box is the computer for my car.

Ron

jbottini

Rick - MKIV - You're pretty good on this type question. Jim

Mark IV

EFI cars have a full EEC II unit, 85's have one that runs the EVAP system as I recall. It was also supposed to run the "TSAD" (Two Speed Accessory Drive) a "underdrive" pulley system that Ford anounced, but never produced.

Rick

gblue

my computer is mounted on the passenger side carpeted firewall...just in front and  above of where you'd put your feet..gregg

Mark IV

Gregg,
   There is no OBD on your car, that came some years later. You can do a scan for basic codes with a simple meter.

Rick