News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

ACECA restoration / shocks / rear window

Started by murat, January 14, 2016, 11:15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

AC Ace Bristol

Will.

Having used BEX333 on various race tracks and Hill climbs in the UK, plus know many owners who regularly race AC Ace & Ace Bristol in UK plus Le Mans Classic, all have adjustable shockers, Anti roll bars(sway Bars) and various modifications.

One really needs to study the blue  book,  Race and FIA papers plus a relevant appendix to the Race Series you intend to register /compete in.

Good Luck with the rebuild and be nice to see a few new members using their Aces as intended back in the days they left Thames Ditton.......  ENJOY !!..[;)]

Keith

Will Mahany

Thanks Keith. Just wondered if there were some commonly accepted mods for various periods of AC model. For example, I know for the MRL Woodcote Trophy it is supposed to be only for pre 56 cars and only with drum brakes and specs available in that period.

Interesting you mentioned Le Mans Classic. I did the very first Le Mans Classic in 2002 and came 3rd overall on scratch in Plateau 1 in an Aston Martin. The night racing was fantastic and almost a time warp.  Looking forward to getting my Ace really motoring.  Sadly, these days I am stuck abroad working most of the time but the Ace is up and running and now needs some proper sorting. Am very pleased to have it. My Father owns AE27 which goes very well indeed so hopefully it will be in good company.  All the best.