News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Car No 6199 1921

Started by jonto, December 02, 2015, 18:21:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam2

Many congratulations, the dash looks wonderful too, is it the original?

jonto

No I have the original, this is one I found at Beaulieu many years ago, its the same, I have the original but this has less holes. It was fully instrumented too, some handy spares.

jonto

I have some parts that I do not need. Four cylinder bonnet top, couple of four stud wheels, some rear brake shoes large drum, and more, I'll get around to listing them sometime. Anyone have a couple of bonnet handles they dont need?

AC-Crankcase

I could well be interested in the bonnet top as mine is a home made affair, sorry I do not have any spare bonnet handles,

Regards,
Dr Tom Dine - Dr_Tom_Dine@hotmail.com

jonto

Where have all the pictures gone?

administrator

I guess they didn't survive the rebuild of the Forum - apologies but not much I can do.

jonto

Oh dear, pity. I've a few more jobs ongoing for the car. When there's some progress I'll start another thread perhaps.

Old Crock

Quote from: administrator on August 31, 2024, 09:28:39I guess they didn't survive the rebuild of the Forum - apologies but not much I can do.

Disappointing, a great shame to lose those many photos of AC cars and those showing the broader early history of the marque. Over many years, I have posted hundreds of photos in the forum, many of important historical significance that had not been published nor held elsewhere. For example, dozens of unique shots of the AC works in the 1920's, showing the various departments. I remember the postings on the Sports (Montlhery) model that was privately entered in the Monte Carlo rally - a great car - I had never seen those photos before. Then there were the photos of dozens of 1920's and 30's cars, against chassis numbers, by another member. A lot of effort there, and a retrievable archive. In Jonto's case it was a valuable record of a chassis-up restoration of a vintage car. There are many more examples where this single line above doesn't recognise the wasted effort, nor the loss of such valuable material in one place. 
In my collection I have dozens of AC related items, sales catalogues (I have them for every year of the vintage period and earlier), press releases, magazine articles, letters and more. When I go 'to the great car park up there' these will go to the National Motor Museum library - they will not be going to the ACOC archive...