News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Started by craggle, May 08, 2007, 20:33:14

Previous topic - Next topic

craggle

Hello

I am a new member here at the AC owners club and this is my first post so please be gentle[:D]

I must confess first of all to not owning an AC but owning a look-a-like cobra built by myself from components supplied by Dax cars. It is not really meant to be a replica and I didn't try to make it that way, It has no AC badges or Cobra badges on it and it has quite a few modern features on it. The only people who ask if it's a real one don't really have a clue what car they are looking at anyway.

Back to the point..

I was at the Guildford cruise on Sunday 6th May and met a very nice chap who brought along 2 1966 427 Cobras (sorry but I didn't catch you name) Whilst we were talking he mentioned a company called Thunder Road in Woking who may be able to help me out with getting my engine setup properly and possibly doing the geometry on the suspension.

I have searched the internet but can't find a mention of them anywhere. Does anyone know who I am on about and if they have a phone number or even a web site.

Thanks for your help.

Craig.

hawk289

Craig,

First welcome, I'm also a replica owner (Hawk 289 FIA) and also an Ac owner (Ace and Aceca). I saw your post on the Cobra Club. I do not know the owner, but I think you are referencing COB5001 and COB5006 both built at the AC factory in Frimley late 90's.

If you have a copy of Trevors "Cobra - The First 40 years" and look at page 212 and 213.

Out of interest, the half screen on the racing cobra I have seen before, I believe Chris Glover does them (Brasscraft). Anyway this may help in your search, I'm sure other members will know the person you want, Trevor are you around?

John

C9OBY

quote:
Originally posted by craggle

I was at the Guildford cruise on Sunday 6th May and met a very nice chap who brought along 2 1966 427 Cobras (sorry but I didn't catch you name) Whilst we were talking he mentioned a company called Thunder Road in Woking who may be able to help me out with getting my engine setup properly and possibly doing the geometry on the suspension.

I have searched the internet but can't find a mention of them anywhere. Does anyone know who I am on about and if they have a phone number or even a web site.

Hello Craig

Thunder Road is owned/run by two very friendly gents, namely Big Al (Alan) and Alec.  You can call them on 01483 763399.

Good luck,
   Bruce

craggle

Cheers Bruce

I will have a chat with them sometime and see what they can do.

Craig.

TLegate

That would be Keith and his brace of AC's. Thunder Road is the best place to get engines sorted and suspension geometry set up. It will cost a few shekels but it will be done right. Make sure you get clear directions to their cunningly hidden premises (and I hope your car has a bit of ground-clearance!)