News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC Bristol ring and pinion

Started by Thomas Ellsworth, August 08, 2006, 16:36:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Ellsworth

Does anyone know where I can locate either a very good 3.9 ring and pinion or if anyone is making them on the after market. What other cars was this ENV unit used on?

Tom Ellsworth

AC Ace Bristol

Hi Tom

ENV differential units were fitted to some of the larger upmarket Saloons of the 1940s and 1950s.

I believe 1950s Daimler used 3.9 & 4.3 ENV units.    Caution many of the larger heavier Saloons used ratios of 4.5 even 4.7 & 4.9,  one person who could throw some light on the subject is Mike Mansergh, in Workington, Cumbria.  suggest you email him direct on...

mike.mansergh@bt.com

If you find a source of supply of either complete units or new old stock parts please keep us all informed as these units are as rare as hens teeth.  Good Luck !

Keith L Lessiter

Thomas Ellsworth

Have looked into Daimler ENV units. Unfortunately they used 3.7 ratios not 3.9. It would work, but prefer the proper 3.9 so still looking.