News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Ball joint supplier

Started by TTM, August 05, 2015, 10:25:33

Previous topic - Next topic

TTM

Good morning chaps,

Could a member in the know point me to a source for front ball joint replacements?

Thanks in advance.

Klassik Metall

These are available from Brian Eacott tel. 020 8397 8472, or Barry Howsley  tel. 01727 872819.

TTM

Thank you for the recommendation.

On a side note, how much regreasing ball joints of front spindles should help with a light front wheel wobble, if at all? The car feels like a front tyre has gone out of balance (it wobbles a bit at around 65 mph) but last time they were checked, the wheels were all correctly balanced.

Klassik Metall

Greasing the front spindles or ball joints won't really help if there is wear/play in either.
   As for the wheel wobble I would check for play in the front wheel bearings, king pins and steering system.

Regards Luke.

TTM

It turned out it was just a loose wheel bearing. I still disassembled the king pins to give them a thorough clean and regrease and was not able to notice any play in them. Well pleased.