News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

don't call her Red Hair anymore !

Started by French Frie, January 21, 2015, 14:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

One small notice: these ball joints are from Saab and are not used for the early MK IV's as you can see here:

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobra

Nik, you are a rich man. Calling £29.96 each +VAT cheap.

Oh I laughed out loud!!!
   I`ve been called MANY things, but rich was never one of them!!! [:D][:D][:D]

I do, however, have experience of fitting the cheapest parts* (coz I ain`t rich, and I`m the son of a Yorkshireman, who make the Scots` reputation for tightness appear generous!), and yes, I saw copy parts even cheaper than those, but I wouldn`t EVER fit them to one of your cars!!! [xx(]

(Oh, and if you buy the TWR ones on eBay, the £29.96 appears to include VAT AND shipping...[;)])

*£100 for an entire VW front suspension, compared to £500+ (or £1100 fitted!!!) from V.A.G, but was shot within 10,000 miles!

AC Ventura

Maybe the increased grip of modern tyres like the Avon ZZ, increases lateral loads on suspension parts.

jbottini

FF, memory serves, I replaced the passenger s,ide or perhaps was wheel bearings a thousands miles or before she went overseas,Im

French Frie

Hi Jim, I remember well (i'm younger [;)] !) you told me it was the rs ball joint (and you asked here for that in an old thread) ...

@Flyinghorse : To me, it was the ball that popped out, or the thread that broke... What I recall is that the nut was still in place, with a part of the tapped part . And the upright was intact. It is strange that i can't find any pic, as I thought that I took some...

jbottini

Yute' isn't wasted on the young!

French Frie

Ahahah ... In French, we say : "Si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait" (can be translated : "If youth knew, if old age could") [;)]

jbottini

cobham cobra

Pleased to hear you're OK and your car is back on the road. Black is a big improvement - but then I would say that, I'm biased.

jbottini

All well and good, but it was the ORIGINAL COLOR.

westcott

I like Red Hair in her body tight black dress :-)
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!