News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Bristol cylinder head spanner

Started by David Byng, October 18, 2014, 12:31:55

Previous topic - Next topic

David Byng

I've followed Tony Blythe's considerable efforts to produce a small run of replica Bristol cranked cylinder head spanners - Club mag March & July 2014. Out of curiosity, I wondered if any had come up on Ebay so I Googled it.

There was one in September 2013,prepare to be amazed.
   This is the advert:
   'The cranked cylinder head spanner  for all Bristol 2 and 2.2 Litre  engines.
   This is essential to remove the cylinder head from your Bristol engine. If you know what this is you won't need me to mention  that this will fit 400 401 402, 403, 404, 405 and 406 models.

Nor that it will fit your Bristol engined car  -  Cooper Bristol, Lister Bristol, Tojeiro Bristol, AC Bristol, and those delicious Bristol-engined post war Frazer Nash models, the Le Mans Replica, Mille Miglia, Targa Florio,  Le Mans Coupé and Sebring. And I don't need to tell you how rare these are. Part number N 600161. No .cracks, damage or signs of  abuse.

A must-have tool for every gentleman's workshop.'

The auction closed on 5th September 2013. There were 22 bids.
   The winning bid was £327.87!!!

nikbj68

Wow. I wonder if 'the Tool Fairy' who donated Tony`s original is aware of that?!!