News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

BEX 329 For Sale

Started by jrlucke, August 28, 2014, 07:49:41

Previous topic - Next topic

jrlucke

Fantasy Junction in the San Francisco Bay area is offering BEX 329 for sale.

It's pricey but looks like a very nice car and is met to be driven.

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/1561-AC-Bristol%20Roadster-2.0%20Litre%20Inline%206-Cylinder

pjbowman

Actually. I think that's a pretty fair price for the car, considering AC engined cars are now $250K - $280K USD and climbing.
Peter B.

Robin A Woolmer

AC Engine Ace's will get even more valuable when owners realise the potential from the AC Weller engines & certainly will be equal to Bristol engine cars, we are getting some really good BHP & torque now from the engines which will only improve with a little more work, the Torque now available is very tractable, the AC Engine is much more authentic AC as well!!

pjbowman

I agree Robin. My car (AEX127) has the AC engine, has been rebuilt with Carillo rods, etc. and I love it. I think the 'premium' being paid for Bristol engine cars is a perception thing. If someone wants to race, then I can understand the few extra hp from a D2, but for normal use, I like the AC - I preferred the AC when I bought the car over a Bristol. Love the looks of the AC engine!
Peter B.

Robin A Woolmer

Peter
   There is no doubt that the Bristol engine is very capable, it had the advantage of being extensively used in Post War racing cars & so was well developed over time, The AC Weller Engine has not had that advantage & very little development was carried out in the 30's & Post War unlike the Vintage period when double overhead camshaft engines were used in racing/speed trials.
   The AC Engine has been extensively used in GN & Frazer Nash Specials pre & post Vintage & are still finding there way into more cars, they are some of the fastest in Historic racing for there class, not wanting to promote what is now available, we will see more AC Engine cars doing well over the coming seasons.
   It would be nice if we could see more AC cars competing with the proper AC engine in coming years, we now I believe know enough to ensure they are reliable & capable of significantly more power & can rev more extensively without losing the valuable torque attributes of the engine.