News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

CRS for sale

Started by ak1040, December 19, 2013, 09:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

ak1040

CRS for sale on eBay  prototype for £35.000.neil

nikbj68

Took a bit of finding, so to help everyone else Here`s the Link

It`s funny that it doesn`t appear on the CRS register (or the MkIV or Superblower lists, at least, not bearing that registration number...) I can`t quite make out the plate, is it S804 BBV or SB 04 BBV, probably the former, as why would the prototype not have been road registered in 99/2000, rather than '04 plate if it is?
   It would be nice if someone local to it could go and have a proper look over it.
   Quoting the register, 'The First CRS' is owned by B.G-S, and the chassis number is CRSxx01, so the car in the ad should be '00', unless it has a MkIV or SB chassis number... intriguing!

hawk289

I think I know the car, it is an CRS. But it was sold in a Bulk of AC stuff in the early 00's. I would need to do some quick research, but I'm sure it is the same car I saw last year.

nikbj68

Thanks Migge, that pretty much clears up all of the questions...my guess at the chassis number was pretty close too!
   I should have backtracked on the forum before posting... as Chafford mentioned it coming to auction HERE in 2012. [:I]

Flyinghorse

This was posted by mkiv in the ace brooklands area:
   "I have found several pictures from 1999 of the Brooklands works and Aces, Superblowers, the prototype CRS and Acecas under build. I cannot post them as I am not a full member but if someone wants to email me I can send them for posting.

Rick@timemachinesauto.com"

I also saw in last ACtion, possibly under  "council minutes "  (I cant recall & don't have ACtion to hand)that a CRS had applied to be on the CRS register,but its not clear if it's this car that is referred to.

Graham.

Flyinghorse

quote:
Originally posted by Flyinghorse

This was posted by mkiv in the ace brooklands area:
   "I have found several pictures from 1999 of the Brooklands works and Aces, Superblowers, the prototype CRS and Acecas under build. I cannot post them as I am not a full member but if someone wants to email me I can send them for posting.

Rick@timemachinesauto.com"

I also saw in last ACtion, possibly under  "council minutes "  (I cant recall & don't have ACtion to hand)that a CRS had applied to be on the CRS register,but its not clear if it's this car that is referred to.

Graham.

I have the pictures of the prototype that "Rick" refers to and they suggest the prototype,or the car he saw was right hand drive.

Would be interesting to know if the car in the above photos exists today and indeed is the prototype. If so what is the car being sold?  It has a superblower like dash and is LHD. Are they the same car? LHD/RHD variants?

The dash above is very close to being 100% like a CRS and the instrument cluster far more professional than in the one currently advertised for sale and shown below:

Graham

Mark IV

Indeed that is the prototype CRS bring built at Brooklands in September 1999. It was RHD and was using the first body that had been molded by "Kid Jensen Racing"

Mark IV

Another CRS body in September 1999. While the CRS was advertised as having the "largest one-piece carbon fiber body" to date, what is wrong with this picture?

jbottini

Richardo, do I recall a fat jooly bearded man( not St Nick perhaps Alan) telling as the front or rear clip weighed 47 pounds? Jim

Mark IV

I do recall something like that.

Just found a stash of AC photos but need to scan, upload and figure out how to post them here.

Merry, merry to all and to all a restored AC!

ACOCArch

Here`s the Link[/u][/blue][/url]

From John Owen's letter, included in the advert material, it is the chassis that was authenticated and sold to Piers Martin.

My recollection is that Piers Martin purchased a small number of incomplete cars from AC about 10 years ago. These included perhaps 2 Brooklands Acecas. It is possible this CRS chassis and parts to complete the car were amongst them.

This would perhaps explain the car's date of first registration, which the reg plate suggests was circa 2004

ACOCArch

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark IV
Another CRS body in September 1999. While the CRS was advertised as having the "largest one-piece carbon fiber body" to date, quote]

My recollection is that the moulding for BG-S's car was in two parts. Later cars were moulded in one piece. Not sure when the change was made.