News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

The Cobra Drivers Club

Started by kaiserbilly1, August 19, 2013, 22:16:42

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

At the risk of sounding repetitious...

WHOOOPEEEE!!!!!!

Thus far, the weather looks like being very un-Scottish for the time of year, what`s that expression about the sun shining on the righteous?

TLegate

Careful Phil - ol' Leadfoot Bagshaw is beginning to hyperventilate. It might be a long weekend :)

Flyinghorse

The midges will calm him down/subdue him. I will get my contact on site to release a few boxes of fresh ones.

Graham

Clive

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Fantastic to get to see A98 out & about, I` really can`t wait, not put off by the fact it`s an 800+ mile round trip especially as most of it`s in a Cobra.
   [8D]

Now you'll appreciate what us Scots go through to get to Silverstone & Le Mans in our Cobras.[;)]
   See you on Sunday. [:)]

nikbj68

Thanks for the offer of extra midgies, Graham, I`ll take an extra toothbrush!
   My breathing is back to normal now, having endured ITV`s usualRevival coverage. [|)]
   It`ll be good to see you again Clive, you were missed at Silverstone. [:)]

TLegate

After years of nagging I finally persuaded one of my car company clients to allow a car brochure photo-shoot in Scotland. I found a perfect location alongside a loch. It was there I was introduced to the Scottish midge - I can assure you I was neither calmed down nor subdued!! Never been back since....and whose idea was it to park Scotland so far north?

philriley427

So far North? I blame the Romans. Apart from that, what have they ever done for us?

nikbj68

Straight roads, underfloor heating, orgies.... oh well, 2 out of 3 ain`t bad!!!

Flyinghorse

Looking forward to seeing shots of Nick & Barrie driving like Kenny Brack whilst negotiating the "bouse de vache".

Graham

nikbj68

In someone else`s Cobra, I`ll be driving more like Kenny Rogers than Kenny Brack...[:0]

[edit]Erm...perhaps I should clarify that statement. I`m thinking 'Coward of the County', not 'You picked a fine time to leave me Loose wheel'!!! [;)][xx(]

philriley427

You can drive like Kenny Brack if you wish. Just keep it on the black stuff. Now, I must remember to nip the wheels up. See you in the morning :)

Clive

nikbj68

Would this be a nuisance level 3 encounter?

Yum.

(As long as thats only midges, and not chunks of the "bouse de vache", or even merde de mouton!!)[:p]

TLegate

I've seen better photos of you Nik :)

Clive

A great day was had at The Rest & Be Thankful, fantastic weather and not a midge in sight.