News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

COBRA: The Story of an Icon

Started by Spantik, June 08, 2013, 23:42:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Spantik

Just received copy 226/289 of the book authored by Trevor Legate and Kay Hafner. Both did a great job and so many pictures, much of are new to me, illustrate this wonderful book. Thanks Trevor and Kay for sharing your passion with all of us.

nikbj68

Guess which copy nikbj got? LOL [;)]
   This is a damn fine book, and so very rare! I just wish I could have been in Germany to see the 50th Anniversary gathering for real.

A-Snake

So, the Europeans in this group get to see it first [8] Where is that boat? [:D]

Spantik

Hi Nik, 289/289 or 1/289? I did not know that this was a numbered edition... So Trevor and Kay can start with the 427 issue ;-)

aaron

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Guess which copy nikbj got? LOL [;)]
   This is a damn fine book, and so very rare! I just wish I could have been in Germany to see the 50th Anniversary gathering for real.

Copy 290 ?[:)]

nikbj68

LOL... the clue was in the name!

I think Trev might like a small break before embarking on the 427 issue!!!

Spantik

Well done Nik. Who got the book 62/289 ?

nikbj68

No idea, nor 50/289. If I could have afforded 2, I would have asked for 21 & 31 as 2131 was Dad`s Cobra chassis number!

MkIV Lux

Very nice book. Thanks Trevor and Kay. Well done.
   n° 204/289 is now on my bookshelf.

A-Snake

#21 has arrived in the middle of the USA!
   Trevor, I like the idea of a printed cover rather than a dust cover that just gets torn :-)

TLegate

My tame(ish) designer Jackie and moi wanted to give it a more modern, cleaner look and we both agreed that d-j's get tatty very quickly. They are nice in theory but prone to damage - so last year!

I shall now return to my darkened room and continue the long road to recovery.....forward any messages to my butler....

SunDude

No. 278/289 has been delivered to the Great White North. :D

Spantik

French Frie

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by French Frie

where can it be ordered ?

Collectors Car World website
   Or click this:

[EDIT] It looks like the ordering page has now been taken down... Sold Out?