News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Photos from the Monte Carlo Rallies, 1926 and 1927

Started by Old Crock, April 30, 2013, 23:02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Crock

The usual photos show Victor Bruce at the finish, showing proudly the Union Flag, or alongside the 1926 winner's trophy. Here's some other photos – firstly from 1926, showing Victor Bruce in the snow, en route in Scotland, and looking as if he's not enjoying the weather, nor the cold, at all. Secondly, some shots of Mildred Bruce with the AC saloon, driven by her in the 1927 event - powering around a corner on the hill climb section, tinkering with the car, and posing with the car for the photographers after winning the Coupe des Dames. Finally, with the same car which looks a little worse for wear.

Cornishman

Wonderful photographs! It's nice to see pictures of the "Hon.Mrs." smiling! Having re-read of all her exploits, not just with the cars, boats and horses, but particularly in the air she was a totally incredible lady.

Old Crock

quote:
Originally posted by Old Crock

...some shots of Mildred Bruce with the AC saloon, driven by her in the 1927 event...tinkering with the car

I have found a caption to this photo (fourth down) from Mrs Bruce herself, and far from 'tinkering with the car' she is, in fact, asleep at the wheel (after 72 hours of non-stop driving from John O'Groats to Monte Carlo)!