News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Shere Hill Climb - September

Started by SJ351, April 15, 2013, 22:32:58

Previous topic - Next topic

SJ351

There is a new event on closed public roads in Surrey coming up in September. It is a non-competitive (ha,ha,) un-timed charity hillclimb and 120 cars will be getting 3 runs up the hill each. It is £50 to entery and no competition licences are required. Steve Gray of AC Heritage/Brooklands Motor Company has alreay organised an AC line up and an AC area in the paddock so it should be a very good showing. There may be an opportunity to join in the fun if you contact Steve : steve@acheritage.co.uk
   The event is already pretty full but is bound to become a regular fixture. I am doing a recce of the course on Thursday and will decide what to take based on this.

TLegate

www.sherehillclimb.co.uk for those interested. Includes an impressive map of the course :)

Further investigation reveals why no competition licences are required as it does not come under MSA rules. It is a gentle drive up a gentle public (closed) road and therefore subject to the rules of the Queen's highway (60mph speed limit).

SJ351

Did a few quick runs up the hill this morning and 60mph will be quite fast enough I can assure you. It is in a nice setting, close to a very good pup accross the road and will be a real 'revs and wheelspin' day - a chance for the public to apprecitate the cars fully and all for a good charitable cause. A couple of Goodwood Shelby Cup Cobras are now entered, as well as a Ruddspeed Ace and two other Cobras. It would be good to get a few more AC's entered and the event is still open to final entries if anyone fancies it. There is also lots of other interesting machinery taking part.

Nev

Email sent to request entry.  Looks like it will be a fun event.

Nev

Entry full, so I am on the reserves list.