News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Car Badge to be reunited

Started by ak1040, March 03, 2013, 08:49:44

Previous topic - Next topic

ak1040

Hi , I have in my procession an IAM Badge that belonged to the late Mr  L D Inwood
   The badge is embossed with his name .

This badge came from his AC of the late 1950's , he was an early member of the AC Owners Club and we would like to reunite this badge with his car , I believe it to be an early 16/70 ? So please can anyone help with this request ?

Thank you
   Neil Bacon

ACOCArch

Neil

Lesley Inwood was ACOC Member Number 7 and his wife an Associate Member, which carried the same number.

In 1952 his AC was recorded as a '1936 Sports Tourer' Registration CLY 126.

Below is a photo of the car whilst in Inwood's ownership, taken at  the ACOC Concours and Gymkhana on 20th July 1952. Is that the IAM Badge just above the right hand end of the number plate?

Photo is courtesy ACOC Bulletin dated Sept 1952.

It would be great to see the badge and car re-united!

John

ak1040

Hi John thank you for the info it would be great to see the badge back on the car after nearly 60 years , do you know if the car & owner are  members with the ACOC as I also have that ac badge , it is on my car at this moment in time, so any contact with the owners of CLY126 would be good .
   Mr Inwoods brother very kindly gave these badge to me and I am sure he may have more history about the car and his brother.
   ps I will show Mr Inwood  the photo , it will bring back old memory's of family and car. Thank you
    Neil.

ACOCArch

Neil - Suggest you contact the ACOC PVT Registrar for details about the current wherabouts and ownership of the car. John

ak1040

Hi John thank you for your advice I have now found CLY126 and hope to get the badges back to the car after 60 years apart ,neil

ACOCArch

Neil - Well done! When completed, could you post a photo on here please? Cheers, John