News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Barn Find Ace, Aceca & Greyhound

Started by nikbj68, November 13, 2012, 08:59:01

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

Oh my Lord!!!! They keep turning up!
   Although not 'lost' and all known to the ACOC, three AC`s that have not turned a wheel since 1972 have come into the light, courtesy of Kevin Kivlochan.

They include a 1957 Ace with a rich racing history including wins at Prescott, Oulton Park, Mallory Park, Goodwood, Snetterton, Silverstone, Weston and Loton Park.

There is also an Aceca, which was bought by a Dr Humprhies in 1955 and raced at Brands Hatch in 1956. It is a two-owner car and comes with its original logbook plus the numberplate – SOC 1.

And a 1962 Bristol-powered Greyhound that has also only had two owners recorded in its original logbook and has a fantastic interior.

On top of that, two AC 2-litre engines, four gearboxes and various carburettors were found with the cars.

All except for the Ace are up for sale, contact Kevin for details.

See feature on Classic & Sportscar`s website.

Gus Meyjes

WOW, I keep thinking that does not happen anymore! Why was that not my neighbor's garage. Would I LOVE to find that treasure!

Gus

BBK

I love barn find stories like this. Terrific find.

riverside

Really enjoy finds like this. Thanks for posting

AC Ace Bristol

Kevin.

Congratulations...

Great purchase, Ace Bristol with Good History... worth the wait and   long search ..[:p]..[:p].

Look forward to seeing you and  BE232 (in White paint)  on the grid at  Le Mans Classic 2014. [;)].

And viewing during total rebuild to your usual high standards whilst retaining originality throughout..[^]

Keith..[:)]

TLegate

I know a guy who can do white paint..... ;)

Gus Meyjes

I think either of them will look very good on some California road during the USA international... I also think Nik should get to use one of the them for that... [;)]Actually the Ace can compete at Monterrey first.

Gus

dkp_cobra

The Aceca is now for sale http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C369810 for £35K. I think an interesting price but you have to spend much more before it hits the road again.

Maybe the "Wheeler Dealers" http://www.discoveryuk.com/web/wheeler-dealers/ will do it for less [:)]

MkIV Lux

£55K I read in the ad.

Interesting find!

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by MkIV Lux

£55K I read in the ad.

Interesting find!

That's cool. Yesterday and this morning it was 35. I guess after a great number of phone calls and e-mails from interested people he decided that 35 is to cheap. I had the same thought yesterday and start checking my bank account [;)]

Gus Meyjes

At 55K pound sterling, that would mean an almost doubling of the value of an unrestored AC engined Aceca over when I bought mine in 2006. This car appears to be in similar shape and will need a very extensive overhaul to get it in as new condition. Probably $70.000-90.000 worth of it. This would place the restored value at $160.000
   I have not seen any AC engined Aceca ever offered for that kind of money... At 35K it would have been financially reasonable. Although I have no doubt Kevin will sell the car closer to the 55 number.

Fantastic find. I wish I would stumble upon a barn like that sometime!

Gus

fdelage

Hi All, would anyone know the whereabouts of the Greyhound?
   Thanks

nikbj68

Hi Francois, and welcome to the Forum!
   I believe the Greyhound was the first item to be sold on, and is in the process of restoration.
   I`d love to know how it`s progressing though...

C9OBY

Exciting news - 463HWR will be competing at the ACOC's Clubman's Sprint at Goodwood on 2nd November (just under 2 weekend's time).

Seeing and hearing it in action will be a real treat, so come along and take a look!

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by C9OBY

Exciting news - 463HWR will be competing at the ACOC's Clubman's Sprint at Goodwood on 2nd November
Lots of photos please, for those of us who can`t attend. [:(]