News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

enamel club badge

Started by nick Godridge, September 24, 2012, 15:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

nick Godridge

If anybody out there has one for sale can they please contact me?

Thx
   Nick G

French Frie

I already asked for it, as well as Club stickers, as they seem to be out of stock in ACtion, but no success [:(]....

westcott

I have two, one with a small chipping. This one I would sell to a member, the other one came with my car and will be kept.
   I will take a pic and post it here.

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

westcott

Both badges side by side. The right one will stay with my car, the left one is for sale. But before her some remarks about the quality: It has a small chipping in the blue enamel near the top end of the A. An other small shipping can be seen in the middle of the A's bar, i applied some shadow to make it visible.
   In general the badge ( in my opinion, looking for surface failures all day no one can see) looks like a rejected production part, the enamel surface of all colors is not as shiny as it is on the right badge and the colors are a bit more intense.
   The left one is also a bit curved or bended and not as flat as the right one.

From the distance ( more then 1 meter) it looks not too bad.

BBK

quote:
Originally posted by westcott

I have two, one with a small chipping. This one I would sell to a member, the other one came with my car and will be kept.
   I will take a pic and post it here.

Uwe

Uwe, how much do you want for the badge you are willing to part with?

French Frie

Uwe, did you get my email,regarding this badge, three days ago ?

raccoon

quote:
Originally posted by nick Godridge

Thx
   Nick G

raccoon

quote:
Originally posted by nick Godridge

Thx
   Nick G

I have a 1964 Owners Club badge which I bought for my 4.2 litre Cobra. I was never used for fear of theft and is therefore in mint condition. Have tried to attach photo but without success! Proposed price £55.

Regards
   raccoon

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by raccoon: I have a 1964 Owners Club badge which I bought for my 4.2 litre Cobra. I was never used for fear of theft and is therefore in mint condition...Proposed price £55.  Regards  raccoon

Welcome to the forum!
   Here is the badge in question:

Nice. [;)]

BBK

I have purchased from EBay, an Owner's Club badge like the ones shown and looking for a way to install it on my Mk IV.  Below is a photo of a car that belonged to a Club member who sold it a few months ago.  His ACOC badge is attached via a badge clip and I would like to find one like this to attach mine similarly to the front bumper.  I have tried numerous sources and purchased a clip from a U.S. company (a 1" clip) but it was too small.  I checked with Moss and a looked on-line for other resources but to no avail. Does anyone know of a resource for a large enough clip to attach my badge similarly to the car shown below or is this a custom item that I will need to have fabricated?  Thank you!

westcott

DIY from stainless flat material if the 1" is too small.

BBK

quote:
Originally posted by westcott

DIY from stainless flat material if the 1" is too small.

I was hoping that there was a ready-made clip for sale out there somewhere in the world such that I don't have to make one.  This can be done as you suggest, unfortunately, I don't have the correct tools to shape one.   Any Mk IV owners find a way to attach their ACOC badge to the front hoop bumper without making a clip themselves from stainless steel?  If not, I will have to get one fabricated it seems.  Thanks.

cobham cobra

What about looking at a couple of P clips ? At least with the rubber section you won't mark the bar and the badge won't "fall over".
   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Rubber-Lined-PClips-P-Clips-Metal-Clamps-Retaining-Hose-Cable-Wire-EPDM-/330706516002

BBK

quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

What about looking at a couple of P clips ? At least with the rubber section you won't mark the bar and the badge won't "fall over".
   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Rubber-Lined-PClips-P-Clips-Metal-Clamps-Retaining-Hose-Cable-Wire-EPDM-/330706516002

Hi John.  Thanks for that link.  That seems to be a good possibility.  I will look into this further to see if this might work out.  Thanks again!

nick Godridge

Would be happy to buy if you still have it.

Racoon, you can contatc me direct at nick@ngodridge.com