News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AKL 1351 for sale at Auction

Started by Chafford, August 09, 2012, 11:08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Chafford

302EFI

If the car is in good shape it would be a steal at that price given the prices asked for similar cars in the recent past.

MkIV Lux

and the more so for a lightweight

302EFI

ANF289

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

Estimate £48,000 - £54,000 which seems very low for a Mk IV:

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page/175196/1994-ac-cobra/

Maybe they forgot the 1 before £48 and £58?[:D]

nikbj68

I think that`s what they call an "Attention-Getter"!

Don`t the auction houses love a headline that says: 'Sold for double or triple the estimate'.
   Mind you, if it IS likely to sell for the estimate, I shall be looking into selling vital organs to raise funds.

CRS9505

Too late Nik I've already had the op, checked the Registry and bought a new car cover. [:)]

nikbj68

I happily step back & retain my bits! So will this be a brace of Cobras, or will the yellow peril vacate?

TLegate

Sold via Nostalgia to Belgium, then purchased by Mike Wheatley. Nice (anyone know how to get a kidney back in...?)

AK1055

Does anyone know if it has ever had any accident damage[?]
    Price doesn't seem unrealistic Madejskis which I think was lower mileage only made about £60,000 and assuming auction house commission is the usual 12% including VAT.

nikbj68

AK1055? What happened to Spikey-fish, or are you a different Malcolm?
   Anyway, was this car ever a John Madejski car, going by the numberplate JM2004?
   (He likes his 'JM' plates, look through this Numberplates.com list!

Also, AKL1369 was at Coys in October 2010, so prices will have moved up a little recently(unless it`s sold since, in which case I apologise).

AK1055

Nik,

AKL1369 Madejski car (excluding reg B1BYE) is the Lightweight I was referring to sold by Coys for £60,000 after the auction when it failed to reach lowest estimate or reserve.

AK1055 is my 7 litre disguise. Malcolm

Neil Bacon

Hi this is all new to me ,i now have AK1040 in my garage and I had to have my arm and leg removed so I could buy the car ,but it was worth  it .so if AKL1351 had been up then i could still have had two arms to drive with.

nikbj68

Hi Neil & welcome. I hope AK1040 is an auto with power steering! [;)] Seriously though, I can`t see 1351 going anywhere near the estimates, I fear we would have to call you 'BOB' should you have not made your purchase & waited for this one!
   A cunning disguise, Mr AK-aka-Spikey! Thanks for clearing up 1351, I did notice it wasn`t in the results list. Someone had a real bargain there...

REV

I don't think that car was ever available at that price. Maybe the auctioneer was a little "Miffed" that it was withdrawn?

It's outrageously low as an estimate.