News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Owner's Photo compilation

Started by Gus Meyjes, January 31, 2007, 02:19:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus Meyjes

That's a gorgeous 'aceca, I believe I've seen it on some website. Are you in England or state side? good to see you have an AC engine, that's what I have going in my car. did you put some paper airfileter in your car, like a K&N inside the wire mesh to make it a little safer?

Gus

59 Aceca

Thanks for the compliment, Gus.  Your restoration is absolutely beautiful.  Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product.

I'm stateside, in California.  Being a relatively new owner, I have to confess that I'm not sure what you are talking about regarding the air filters.  I would really appreciate your elaborating on the subject, as I'm sure would others.

Greg

Gus Meyjes

AS i am now rebuilding the AC engine, The carburettors are getting serviced as well. I am going to cut down some paper airfilter, or see what K&n has to replace the oiled wire mesh inside the filters to ensure better filtration. Also i was wondering if your car has discs or drums. Mine is a 59 however I believe it was really an older car (56) titled first in 59. It has drum brakes and i am converting to front discs. Braking was dismall. Ps I'm in Michigan, not like we could meet up for a drive sometime unfortunately.

Gus

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

wow, that is a beatiful Aceca and I love aex125, really great stuff

59 Aceca

Gus,

Thanks for the info on the air cleaners.  I think I will do the same.

Regarding brakes, my car has the original factory front discs which seem to do a pretty good job, although I have not really put them to the test.  Yes, the distance does definitely preclude meeting up for a drive.  Too bad.

Greg

nanard289

quote:
Originally posted by terry3000me

Details will be included in the March edition of ACtion. Eric Gates is again organising the AC display.

Terry

Thanks for your information Terry. I hope to be able to participate at this meeting. After all Silverstone is not so far [;)]

bex316

Here are 2 pictures of BEX316.

Regards,
   Jerry

jbottini

Gentlemen, Truly great shots of various vehicles of the mark...keep them coming. When it warms up enough to drag AK1113 out, I'll shoot some and post. jim

Max Allan

As nanard289 suggested, a dedicated gallery of photos with perhaps a brief mechanical specification, but devoid of "chat", would be an excellent idea.

hawk289

Great idea, I like the idea of a picture and specification.

Max Allan

IMG]

Brooklands Ace. Chassis No: DX1044

Documentation includes letter from AC Cars stating vehicle was exhibited at 95 Detroit Motor Show (authenticity doubted).

Engine mods include: Airflow Research alloy heads, Trickflow intake manifold, Ford Racing 65mm T/B, Crane 1.7:1 ratio pedestal rr's, Ford Racing stainless headers (ceramic coated) and conversion from head bolts to ARP stud fixings.
   In addition, heads and upper/ lower intake were port matched, doweled and finish generally improved. Estimated output 300-310 bhp

Extensive steering & suspension mods to improve handling and ride.

Current project: conversion from auto to 6-speed manual transmission.

Wish List: Twin-screw supercharger setup

nanard289

quote:
Originally posted by Max Allan

....Current project: conversion from auto to 6-speed manual transmission...

Max, you have a nice license plate number [;)] About your manual transmission conversion, did you find enough space to locate an additional master cylinder to drive the clutch? Engine compartment looks crammed full [:)]