News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

New info about my MKIV

Started by linklaw, January 29, 2007, 18:42:59

Previous topic - Next topic

linklaw

My MKIV, AK1103, was significantly modified by Roush Racing of Livonia, Michigan back in 1989 and 1990. It presently has an all aluminum 351 installed along with suspension and other modifications. I contacted Roush Racing's Special Vehicle Operations department a while ago seeking information about the modifications and the kind people there forwarded to me copies of a stack of purchase orders and invoices showing, in part, the parts that went into the car when it was modified. Almost all of the purchase orders are signed by Steve Grebeck. A bit of research shows that Mr. Grebeck worked at the SVO, and was also a well known drag racer who was tragically killed in a racing accident in Orlando Florida in 2002.

TLegate

1103 was delivered to Karcz Ford, Pulaski, Wisconsin, 10/23/85 and was/is Mercedes nautical blue metallic and had a 302 motor, legal in 49 States....and a hood scooop.

linklaw

Thanks Trevor, it still is Mercedes Nautical Blue and has its hood scoop. It has a double white racing stripe, chrome roll bar with accompanying modifications to the fuel tank, top and tonneau. It has a halon system and racing harnesses. It has an undercar exhaust, but no catalytic converters, just two custom made mild steel (according to the invoices) flowmaster mufflers. The car was (according to a prior owner) owned by Jack Roush until it was sold to him (the prior owner) who commissioned the modifications to be done in accordance with another car owned by Jack Roush. The car after which mine is patterned is (again according to the prior owner) supposedly located in the Roush museum. Thanks to you, I have original key code numbers and delivery specifications for the car and am now starting to fill in some of the other blanks about its history.

jbottini

Trevor, can you find the original key codes for AK1113?, I have only an ignition key. By the way I'm on chapter five, I'm making it last!Jim

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

Trevor,
      How can I purchase  copy of your book.

Thanks,

jan

TLegate

Jim

1113 key codes: Ign - RO1405  G/box: SAFE2159  Boot: FS898  Bonnet: FS880  Fuel: JC701.  Hope you are OK with the English terms!

Jan

I have copies available. The UK list price is £60 (signed!) and I can post direct. Send me a personal email on tlegate@btinternet.com and let's do a deal.....must dash, Cobras to photograph....

Cheers, Trevor

jbottini

Trevor, I assume any good locksmith can do these or for the ignition do I have to send across the pond? I'm not sure what you meant by "the english'....Jim

linklaw

Jim, I think Trevor meant "bonnet" and "boot". As far as the key codes are concerned, I think "RO" means Rover for the ignition switch and "JC" means Jaguar Cars for the fuel filler. I haven't figured out "FS" and "Safe" yet. If you do, please let me know.  There are several locksmiths advertising on line as having the ability to make keys as per codes, but I haven't contacted them yet. I have prioritized the acquisition of keys behind the repair of my side curtains and mufflers. John

Mark IV

Thye glovebox (Cubbey) key and lock are Alfa Romeo FYI (hte "RO")
   Rick

jbottini

Linklaw, speaking of side curtains...Jim

jbottini

Trevor, I thought you had a key to my winter foot gear....Jim