News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC Registered Mk11Cobra Replica

Started by Chafford, May 11, 2012, 20:58:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Chafford

This car is a Kirkham Mk11 built in 2003/4 with Kirkham body/chassis and parts sourced through the AC factory and Owners Club. It is registered as an AC with a period registration. According to the advert, the car is regularly seen at AC events.

Not cheap for £65,000 but a very nice car.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C301149#

Chafford

Gus Meyjes

I'd say that would be a going rate for a first rate Kirkham.

Gus

TLegate

Too cheap. A really nice example sold recently for considerably more. Funny old world.

Gus Meyjes

To cheap if just built. Was this one used or spankin' new?

MkIV Lux

If this is the car seen first in 2009 at some AC envents, I think is has only been built around 2008/2009.

Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by Gus Meyjes

To cheap if just built. Was this one used or spankin' new?

'Pre-owned' [:)] A replica at an AC meet - how is that possible? [;)]

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford...'Pre-owned' [:)] A replica at an AC meet - how is that possible? [;)]
Quite easily, given the following statement:
quote:
Originally posted by Chafford...It is registered as an AC with a period registration...
...Which begs the question, how is THAT possible? (OK, let`s keep the answer to that off the forums, eh?![;)])

It does appear to be a good buy for someone, if I wasn`t £64,500 short of the asking price, I`d have considered it as an investment opportunity!!! [:D]

Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford...'Pre-owned' [:)] A replica at an AC meet - how is that possible? [;)]
Quite easily, given the following statement:
quote:
Originally posted by Chafford...It is registered as an AC with a period registration...
...Which begs the question, how is THAT possible? (OK, let`s keep the answer to that off the forums, eh?![;)])

It does appear to be a good buy for someone, if I wasn`t £64,500 short of the asking price, I`d have considered it as an investment opportunity!!! [:D]

Ah yes, I forgot my original post! [:D][:D]

You could have Duggan's 212 S/C for the same price though - a real AC and no worries about explaining to the Thames Ditton Cobra Registrar the provenance of your Kirkham!