News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Structure of the new AC Company

Started by Chafford, April 25, 2012, 19:04:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Chafford

Terry Webb's interesting article on the AC stand at the Geneva Motorshow  (April ACtion] sets out the structure of the new AC Cars(EU) Ltd which is a holding company registered in Cyprus by Alan Lubinsky.

Alan Lubinsky together with Jimmy Price (Hi Tech), Jurgen Mohr (AC Automotive) and Steve Gray (AC Heritage) are the directors of this holding company and will work together to build and sell ACs, whilst maintaining their own separate companies.

The first rhd MkVI, built to Audi and Mercedes standards according to Terry, will go on sale in the Summer with the 378 GT following in the Autumn, once an interior upgrade has been completed.

riverside

This is not quite correct.
   The CEO of the new AC Cars has yet to be announced and, in the interim the advisory board are managing the day to day affairs This board consists of..
   Sir Jeremy Mckenzie as Chairman
   2. Alan Lubinsky who owns the AC brand rights
   3. Jim Price representing the manufacturing side
   4.Allan Edgar
   2 further positions still to be announced

On the selling side Britain is represented by Steve Grey of the Brooklands motor Company
   And Germany by Jurgen Mohr.

One just has to google the names to see that this board consists of some highly qualified gentleman.
   I am highly optimistic that with their guidance, the AC marque will again be recognized and their cars enjoyed by fellow enthusiasts.
   Ross

Chafford

Ross

The hard work you have put in with Hi Tech over the past couple of years in developing the Riverside Roadster (aka AC Mk11 Classic) should greatly benefit AC in their new venture.[:)]

http://riversideracers.com/3.html

shep

I really hope AC can regain their reputation as manufacturers of well engineered quality sports cars. I agree with you Ross, that there is certainly the experience and knowledge available in the new management structure, but in this over regulated and standardised world, car development and manufacturing requires a huge investment. Adapting the old adage, "How do you make a small fortune out of manufacturing cars? Start with a large fortune!" I would love the chance to try out the AC 378GT round a track. I say that because I recently spent a day at Thruxton Circuit, courtesy of Jaguar. They allowed us to drive their range, including the supercharged 550 bhp XKR-S extremely quickly round the track. The exercise completely changed my perception of the Jaguar brand, and I now have a new-found respect for their engineering and car dynamics. This is what AC needs to do once they have products developed and ready to sell. I will be happy to give them any help I can, both personally and through the AC Owners Club.

Gus Meyjes

Hey Ross,

Good to hear from you. While you're here, any chance you guys will bring your big trailer/display out to Road America again this year, since you got so much new stuff to show off?

Gus

TLegate

Splitting hairs I agree, but I consider AC 'purveyors' rather than 'manufacturers'. Them days is gone. I couldn't agree more regarding getting customers hands on such cars in a suitable environment but I probably have more chance of jumping off my roof and flying than seeing that happen! I wish....

BTW, agree regarding the dynamics of the latest Jags (and as nobody is reading this, between you and me, you probably had a bit more than 550bhp's under your right foot...just don't tell anyone)

Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

Splitting hairs I agree, but I consider AC 'purveyors' rather than 'manufacturers'.

Jimmy Price being the manufacturer with AC, Shelby American and Superformance offering the same basic car with different badges in different markets. Of course, financially it makes complete sense.

riverside

Thank you for the offer Shep.
   I would love to see the 378 being given a bit of stick around a track in capable hands.If it does materialize please "you tube" it.
   A day like your Jag day sounds like a great idea. Any video coverage?
   Gus and Chafford thanks for that and yes I`m extremely pleased with the end product. Just love driving these cars!
   Looking forward to the revival and hopefully meeting some of you.
   Regards
   Ross