News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

aex659

Started by aex659, March 18, 2012, 02:00:16

Previous topic - Next topic

aex659

i went to website noted by aex125.  they had picture of aex659.  but it isn't my aex659 which i've owner since 1973.  does anyoe know what the mixup might be.  ken

aex125

Ken, I believe that web site is run by someone that scours the web and posts pictures he finds as I did not send him any of the pics he has for AEX 125, but I took all of them. In the case of AEX659, he may have found incorrectly identified pictures and posted them. Perhaps you can contact the web site owner directly and find out where he found the pictures and get things corrected.
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

Jay  &  Ken

Both  AEX569 and AE659 are Red  Aceca's,
   Could one be the same[?].

Which web site are your refering to [?]

Jay could you possibly post picture showing correct AEX659.

In the meantime I will email you a few pictures I have on file under both chassis number.[;)].

Hopefully  helping resolve  both the query for Ken and for correcting the  potential error on the web site in question.

Keith...[:)]

bex316

Probably just like Keith I think this must Stephan Pehl's website http://www.acaceca.de.tl/

It is interesting that the record on AEX 659 also shows the chassis plate and there is no doubt that this picture actually shows AEX 659.
   The plate appears to be separated from the car in this picture though.
   However, the other pictures show an early Aceca with the pointed lower windscreen corners. By this chassis number AC had already changed to the rounded corners.

I think you are right with your assumption Keith. There are some more similaraties between "them", not only the exterior colour but also the red interior colour, the radio beneath the glove box, the overriders without bumpers and the driver's side door mirror.
   The pictures on "659" have been taken at VSOC in Holland and 569 has been in Holland under the registration number AE-52-45.
   So all in all, quite likely it is indeed AEX 569.
   So where does this authentic chassis plate picture come from?

Jerry

aex125

Here are the pics Keith forwarded to me. Hopefully, I posted them with the correct IDs. Jerry, you are correct, that is the website Ken was referring to.

AEX659

AEX569

Jay

aex659

quote:
Originally posted by bex316

Probably just like Keith I think this must Stephan Pehl's website http://www.acaceca.de.tl/

It is interesting that the record on AEX 659 also shows the chassis plate and there is no doubt that this picture actually shows AEX 659.
   However, the other pictures show an early Aceca with the pointed lower windscreen corners. By this chassis number AC had already changed to the rounded corners.

I think you are right with your assumption Keith. There are some more similaraties between "them", not only the exterior colour but also the red interior colour, the radio beneath the glove box, the overriders without bumpers and the driver's side door mirror.
   The pictures on "659" have been taken at VSOC in Holland and 569 has been in Holland under the registration number AE-52-45.

Jerry

aex659

quote:
Originally posted by bex316

Jerry

AC Ace Bristol

Ken

I believe problem resolved.
   Easy mistake,  ( Similar Chassis number, same colour interior and bodywork) the photos initially on Stephan's superb website were of AEX569 but allocated to both AEX569 & AEX659.[:0]
   Ammendments / corrections carried out in Stephans usual efficient manner..[;)]
   Glad Ken brought up anomaly and the Query resolved within a couple of days.

Keith ..[:)]