News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC at 2012 Geneva Motorshow

Started by Chafford, February 21, 2012, 20:06:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Chafford

According to their website, AC are exhibiting their MkVI at next month's Geneva Motor Show. This appears to be an annual occurrence but I have not seen any other recent references to the car in the UK press. Is the car on sale here, and if so, who sells it?

http://www.ac-automotive.com/

TLegate

Not only wondering how many cars sold, but how many sold with the £11,000 hardtop and £12,000 ceramic brakes :)

Awaiting the AC Geneva press release with much interest this year.....could be fun.

SB7019

Trevor.

Don't forget to add the VAT.    If you ticked all the options boxes the total would be £188k!

TLegate

Only £188k!!?? I'll take one in pink......

Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

Only £188k!!?? I'll take one in pink......

Even the basic car with VAT is just over £125,000; very expensive, considering you will be able to buy Morgan's new Plus 8 for £85k (with 4.8 litre BMW V8) next month. I'm hoping the Mk VI will be a success, but wonder where the market is for a composite bodied Cobra for £120k+.

TLegate

Oh well, we'll just have to wait for an "AC" that isn't a "Cobra". Or should that be a car with an AC badge which is non-Cobra-shaped....maybe one day, who knows.....

Mark IV

OOOH,

Mr. Legate, you can only hope!!!!

OOPS, I've said too much.................

jbottini

Where those not called Brooklands Aces & Acecca's? MKVI you trouble maker.....to remind us of a linear thinker as AL

TLegate

I'm just a romantic old fool - never gonna happen is it?? :) It's a bit like Morgan, trapped in a never-ending spiral of punting out the same old motor, but different.

jbottini

As  Barnum of Barnum and Baily said "there is one born every minute"......certain people have go thru all of them before giving in.