News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Mk IV antisway bar mounting

Started by MkIV Lux, January 25, 2012, 21:00:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Mundy

Garry
   Yes indeed it does
   Paul

ps I tried to email  you with details when the issue was first raised but presumably your address has changed from that in the members details

cobham cobra

For what it's worth, Thunder Road made and fitted a front anti-roll / anti-sway bar to the front of my car and it made a massive improvement to handling. They advised against fitting a rear bar saying it wasn't really needed for the road. they said even when they fit one to a race car they disconnect it for wet weather racing.
   BTW - T-R make each bar to fit a specific car, so can't do mail-order.

SB7019

Following John's ( Cobham Cobra)  recommendation I had TR do the same work on my car and am absolutely delighted with the results.  They made and fitted a front ARB and reset the suspension to their specifications .  This in combination with 15" Avons has created a car with very nice handling, roadholding and braking with no detriment to the ride.  TR's view is that a rear ARB can make the ride too harsh for normal road use and is only really suitable if you plan to do some serious track work.  I know that Spikey Fish has a TR rear ARB as well ( with much lower rear ride height  settings ) but he does get round a track in class winning times!