News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

steering column

Started by French Frie, December 28, 2011, 15:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

French Frie

...BTW, has someone already tried to remove the black paint on the gauges bezels ? when I loook at the clock, it looks like it is chrome behind, but can't be sure ... anyway, new chromed bezels can easily be found on Ebay, but if  paint has only to be removed, it's even easier !

westcott

I removed the black paint on the bezel of the round control light unit with thinner. Underneath there is a stainless bezel. I polished it with a Dremel tool and it dosn 't look so bad.

I will come up with pictures as soon as my straight dash is back from the saddler. I removed the paint from the control light unit only because it will replace the rectangular plastic light panel.

Uwe
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

Flyinghorse

I was adjusting the paddle mechanism on my CRS steering column today and could not get it to tuck away cleanly into the slot in the plastic moulding when tightened on the cam machanism-kept fouling my leg. (RHD paddle on left side when sitting in the car)

I sorted the problem by rotating  the paddle lever - putting it in the foot box side toward the engine  for adjustment--ie 180 degrees out.
   Would be interested to know if other owners can get the adjustment paddle to function correctly & stow cleanly in the "correct" position.

Graham