News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

2.6 Ace replica for sale

Started by Gus Meyjes, December 26, 2011, 16:50:36

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

What`s not to like? It IS a beautiful car, and as long as no-one tries to make out it`s one of the originals, there`s no real problem.

Chafford

Agreed. But it's the cynical use of an AC chassis plate and the description of the car as the 38th AC Ace 2.6 to extract probably an extra £50k over what the car would sell for if it had been described as a Monk replica that gets up my nose. £117k!

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford: Agreed. But it's...the description of the car as the 38th AC Ace 2.6...that gets up my nose. £117k!
EFFECTIVELY number 38*, Old chap! [;)][:0]

Although Gus should have first dibs on that as his was (mostly) built by AC (Cars, Group, Automotive, Ltd etcetera etcetera) !

*According to the Nostalgia description, can`t tell you what the Shrewsbury website says as they`ve run out of bandwidth...[:o)]

Chafford

Splitting  hairs Gus's car RS 5038 is number 39 [;)] I believe there is also a RS5037 lurking somewhere but Gus will no doubt confirm [:D]!